Author Topic: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?  (Read 29577 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah DALRYMPLE, nee THOMSON- what has happened to her?
« Reply #207 on: Thursday 08 April 10 02:17 BST (UK) »
Shizara..
              Sorry you were absent..but, we think we got as far as we could go... Glamis was thrilled to find her relative, as I was to find her...what a bonus...and we can only thank Rootschat for that..without the effort from all who helped we would never have made a connection...All the very best to you and all.....Dalek. :-* :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Thursday 08 April 10 03:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Just wondering if the photo of Sarah's grave is available to be uploaded to this thread  ;)

Cheers,  JM
Hi Glamis,

I'm so pleased for you that Dalek got to Sarah's grave... If there's a photo, perhaps you or Dalek could re-size it and then share it here on this thread...

It seems to me that would be a fine way for this particular thread to be completed.

Cheers,

JM
I have been to the gravesite in Melbourne Cemetry.. for Glamis...as Sarah is related in someway to me also, and placed some flowers on the grave...I took a photo, and wanted to send it onto the thread, but unfortunately did not know how to do this...I did ask for help with this, and got a lot of help, unfortunately, with the Christmas rush, and everyone being busy, thought I'd leave it till the new year...I have kept the photo...I am also very naive about how to send this, onto the thread, and need all the "simple" help I can get, as in "explaining how" seniors moments get to me sometimes....
Anyway..I want to wish all the Rootschat 'helpers' a very merry xmas..and I'll be back in the new year...
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Thursday 08 April 10 04:29 BST (UK) »
Dear Just Moi....I tried to get that photo on Rootschat, but had difficulty understanding the instructions from Berlin Bob..I'm not too good with computers...so I sent the photo to Glamis...she has it.. I dont now unfortunately...maybe if you contact her she will be able to...
Sorry I'm not back there at the moment, enjoyed "our chats"...but, maybe in the future..many thanks to all who helped.... :-* ;D

Offline Shizara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Thursday 08 April 10 11:45 BST (UK) »
My turn to try and upload the photos of Sarah's grave.  I have changed the file type to jpg as bmp isn't in the list and reduced the size of the pictures to 75%.
KILLEY, MULCARE, FAIRCLOUGH, GRIFFITH, BREADNER, Lancashire, England.
BROOKS, COLE, PURCHASE, MAY, LITTELL, HOWELL, MULCARE, CANE, East London, England.
GODDARD, Saffron Walden, Essex
RAYMENT, Epping, Essex
WALKINSHAW, Walthamstow, Essex
BEANEY, Walthamstow, Essex

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Thursday 08 April 10 11:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you,

I'll be thinking of Sarah again next week too, as I'm sure you will be too.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Shizara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Thursday 08 April 10 11:52 BST (UK) »
I apologise for the amount of space the piccy is taking on the post and unless it is required will refrain from doing the other one as the only difference is that is is a different angle.
KILLEY, MULCARE, FAIRCLOUGH, GRIFFITH, BREADNER, Lancashire, England.
BROOKS, COLE, PURCHASE, MAY, LITTELL, HOWELL, MULCARE, CANE, East London, England.
GODDARD, Saffron Walden, Essex
RAYMENT, Epping, Essex
WALKINSHAW, Walthamstow, Essex
BEANEY, Walthamstow, Essex

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Thursday 08 April 10 12:04 BST (UK) »
Shizara, Thanks so much - Dalek39 laid the flowers and there is a statue of a small white bird she found laying nearby before she identified the grave.It seemed like a 'sign'. I don't think its clear on the picture. I will be thinking of her next week too, infact have been for the last few days. She died on what is now my brother's Birthday- the cycle of life.

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Thursday 08 April 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Shizara....what a wonderful picture...Glamis will be thrilled...and thank you so much for doing that..I have been searching for that photo, but lost it unfortunately...what a memorial to Sarah to be on Rootschat....May she rest in peace now.....Dalek...

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Thursday 08 April 10 13:57 BST (UK) »
So lovely to 'round off' this long, interesting and rather sad thread. It has been fascinating.  Such a shame to see graves in this condition.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk