Author Topic: griffin 1800s shropshire  (Read 9070 times)

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: griffin 1800s shropshire
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 17:08 GMT (UK) »
found ellen with the kite family.  :D

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 17:31 GMT (UK) »
right i have got, sarah griffin 1851 census to the hyde family as a servant.  1851 census ellen ennis with the kite family as a visitor.   1861 herbert and sarah with the 5 children, ellen being the eldest.    1871 nothing at all .    1881 herbert and sarah with thomas, herbert, maria and harriett.living in kidderminster.    1891 herbert and sarah with herbert and harriett living in kidderminster also.   as i said i cant find anything for 1871 will keep looking also cant find a death for herbert and cant find anything for 1901.  i will return must do hubbys tea now as hes been decorating today while ive been out and on here. lol

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 18:48 GMT (UK) »
ive been looking for a marriage for ellen but all i could find was one for an elizabeth ennis in 1877 which isnt her i know but cant find anything.  >:( >:(

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Haven't forgotten you - have to take granddaughter to hospital (tests-nothing too serious) - so  I will post more this evening

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 06 December 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
hope everything is ok havnt heard from u in a while. thanks for all your help if u cant anymore i understand. thanks a lot karen

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 06 December 09 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi -should be posting later tonight - just tidying a few loose ends up -have sent you a PM

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 06 December 09 23:00 GMT (UK) »
You may find this guide to census helpful

as you were having trouble understanding the census

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,403512.0html

Suz

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 07 December 09 09:44 GMT (UK) »
So -we have Sarah Griffin married to Herbert vaughan' I haven't located them in 1871 yet.

Sarah had illegit daughter Ellen Griffin  birth reg Dec qtr 1849 Cloebury mortimer

Ellen appears with family in 1861 as Ellen Vaughan.

Possiblity for her in 1851 is Ellen Ennis -with the Kite family. while mother Sarah works elsewhere as a servant.

She could be married by 1871- but have not found her yet.

Sarah was the daughter of Mary griffin -suspected father John Ennis.

It seems Sarah appears on 1941 census as Sarah Ennis -along with John and William  (both named Ennis) in household of John and Ann Ennis -next door but one lived Sarah's mother with 3 Griffin children

1851 John Ennis is a widower and is living with mary griffin

It seems some of the children use the Griffin name and some the Ennis name- but it does seem as if all the children were born to  mary griffin-and Mary never married.

It also seems like the children used both names at times =Ennis and Griffin

We really need to check out the children who were baptised to mary griffin -the list was posted previously.

Do you think this is a way forward for you???

Suz

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 07 December 09 12:22 GMT (UK) »
just checked and marygriffins children were, MARIANNE GRIFFIN 1823.  JOHN GRIFFIN 1826 MILSON SHROPSHIRE, SARAH ENNIS GRIFFIN 1829.WILLIAM GRIFFIN 1833. SUSANNA GRIFFIN 1836. THOMAS GIFFIN 1839. FANCES GIFFIN 1841.  HARIETT GRIFFIN 1845, all born in milson just mary as the mother and no father, there is also a edwin griffin 1841 the same no father,but there cant be edwin and frances born the same year different dates. oh i dont know now. :'( :'( :'(