Author Topic: accident record 1925.  (Read 3053 times)

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
accident record 1925.
« on: Monday 30 November 09 17:49 GMT (UK) »
 my grandfather had a accident back in 1925  when he was working for the post office as a lines man would they be a record of this  as i am trying to get as much information he was working from the waterford  dept  but his death cert was found in wexford and in not in waterford as he sometimes worked away from home i would be grateful for any help on this.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: accident record 1925.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 November 09 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Did the accident cause his death? (it's not clear from your post) if so, death certificate will list place and cause of death. An accident might also be mentioned in local newspapers.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 November 09 19:15 GMT (UK) »
sorry about that  you see i locate my grandfather grave in waterford  it gives his death as jan 1925 I then went to local office for a death cert for that year they had no record  then i recived some information that he involvedin a accident at work as he sometimes worked away we then searched wexford and found his death cert not sure of the full details all we know he died in wexford  january 1925 would there be any record of this accident athis place of work there no mention of him in the papers in waterford or wexford  I would be grateful for any help regarding this

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 November 09 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Death certificate will list exact place of death. If you check the local papers (possibly weekly) for that area it may mention an accident (altough perhaps name won't be listed). Also, you could check the paper for a while after as details of inquests are often written up in papers.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 November 09 19:41 GMT (UK) »
thank you for your reply once again sorry abouth the mixup ...