Author Topic: Neill family in Toronto  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Neill family in Toronto
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 23:38 GMT (UK) »
There are some very kind people here who do look-ups of BC BMD information that is found in the Archives database. If you change the subject line of your initial post to "BC Look-up" and then post the details of the registrations you are interested in someone can hopefully look them up for you. There is quite a bit of detail on the registration from what I understand.

To change the subject line simply go to your first post and click the "modify" button and then change the subject line.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline ednaj

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 December 09 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I now think I may have found Frances Neill Born 1901 in England. She may have married a Robert Watt born 1900 in England and emigrated to Toronto like Frances. Their marriage I think would be in Toronto.
Could anyone do a look up for their marriage please?
I am still looking for Florence Neill born 1902 in England and William Neill born 1905 in England. Could someone point me in the right direction as I have tried as many sites on these boards but cannot find anything.
Getting more confused by the minute !!!
Thank you
Edna
Neill Ireland Toronto Winnipeg Vancouver
Joiner Ireland Ontario

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Edna, to confuse you even more...
My ancestors lived in Toronto.  Quite a few of them had incorrect dates of birth on the 1911 census.  In one case, the father's dob was 1862, but I have proof it was actually 1863; the wife was 1862, once again I have proof it was 1861 and one child was 1892, which was his correct dob.  Be careful with your Florence and William's years of birth...they may not be correct on the census.  If I remember correctly, in all cases with my ancestors, the months were correct.

Another thing to keep in mind, there's always the chance that the spelling could have changed after 1911: Neill to Neil.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 03:01 GMT (UK) »
If this wasn't suggested earlier, there are some Ontario BMD's prior to 1924:
www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~onvsr/
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline ednaj

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Lisa
Thank you for your hints and tips and for the other site to search.
If it is the right Frances, she died in November 2000 in Toronto. Robert Watt died in 1991 in Toronto.
Hopefully I will try and get a little time to search this site.
In the meantime have a wonderful Christmas.
From Ireland to Canada, who have been so helpful.
Edna
Neill Ireland Toronto Winnipeg Vancouver
Joiner Ireland Ontario