Author Topic: Looking for family....  (Read 6841 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Looking for family....
« on: Tuesday 01 December 09 23:35 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi....just found out that I have ancestors who moved to Offaly and trying to track down people that are related to them. The information that I have comes from the 1911 census and from family members.

My great-great aunt Anastasia Walsh (parents were Kieran Walsh and Anto Dwyer - 1836 to 1880) was from Tipperary, Ireland. She was born September 1872. She married Stephen Kenny, also born in Tipperary c. 1894. According to the 1911 census, they were married 17 years and had 7 children born but 6 were still living. Their children were:

Jeremiah Kenny aged 15 born 1896 born in Tipperary
Stephen Kenny aged 12 born 1899 born in Tipperary
Anastasia Kenny aged 9 born 1902 born in Tipperary
Margaret Kenny aged 7 born 1904 born in Offaly
Mary Kenny aged 4 born 1907 born in Offaly
Bridget Kenny aged 10 months born 1910 born in Offaly

On the census, it states that they were from Clyduff, Mountheaton, Co. Offaly.

Any help appreciated

The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline Moyra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family....
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 23:58 BST (UK) »
I was browsing and happened to see your post re. Kenny.
The story goes.....
 Elizabeth Quinlan m. John? Kenny.  no date. 
She had two boys, John and William.  She came to England from Kings County with her two boys and married Stephen Varley in 1884-ish.  They then went on to have other children.
Could there be a connection?  I know very little about Irish records, but I know Kings County is now Offaly.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 October 11 08:35 BST (UK) »
I was browsing and happened to see your post re. Kenny.
The story goes.....
 Elizabeth Quinlan m. John? Kenny.  no date. 
She had two boys, John and William.  She came to England from Kings County with her two boys and married Stephen Varley in 1884-ish.  They then went on to have other children.
Could there be a connection?  I know very little about Irish records, but I know Kings County is now Offaly.

LDS database has an extracted birth record which may fit-
William Kenny born 14 April 1880 Crinkle, Kings, Ireland- parents John Kenny and Elizabeth Quinlan.
(there's a townland called Crinkill which may be 'Crinkle')
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Moyra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 December 11 03:20 GMT (UK) »
I have just seen your reply.  Sorry for the delay.   Thankyou.  I will look into it.