Author Topic: Boston Passenger Look-up 1891-1943  (Read 1679 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Boston Passenger Look-up 1891-1943
« on: Saturday 12 March 05 13:54 GMT (UK) »
I have looked on the Ellis Island site and can't find either of these two people and I wonder if they are on the Boston passenger list.

Thomas H Collins born 1873 England emigrated 1898.
Elizabeth Collins born 1873 England emigrated 1899.

Elizabeth was Thomas' wife. If they aren't there what other lists are there please.

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Passenger Look-up 1891-1943
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 March 05 15:38 GMT (UK) »
There are many many ports they could have arrived in.  Do you know where they settled in the US?  That can help locate a port.  Where did you get the dates you mention?  Are they firm.

Here are a few places to try for help and explanations

http://www.immigrantships.net/

http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/ei.html
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Passenger Look-up 1891-1943
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 March 05 16:28 GMT (UK) »
The dates of emigration were  mentioned were in the 1900 census for Thomas and Elizabeth Collins. In 1900 they were living in Calumet, Houghton County, Michigan.

A niece, Ethel Beare,emigrated in 1902 and her port of arrival was Boston Mass. .She went to the Aunt ? Collins in Calumet.