Author Topic: Recognise this church anyone please ?  (Read 937 times)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Recognise this church anyone please ?
« on: Wednesday 02 December 09 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Anyone recognise this church.... 1946 .. probably in  Birmingham ....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,422837.15.html
Cheers
Poll  ;)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Bonnie66

• RootsChat Member
  • Its never too late to find your "roots".
    • View Profile
Re: Recognise this church anyone please ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 December 09 11:02 GMT (UK) »
I can rule out another one its not Erdington Abbey (St Thomas and St Edmunds) but it could be St Michaels (?) in Boldmere not far from Sutton Coldfield. Being of the older generation I happen to know there were not many photographers around just after the War and they did travel, they had special petrol allowances as petrol was rationed. My Mum and Dad were married at the Abbey it 1930's and their photographer came from Solihull.  Also I dont think its St Chads in Birmingham but it is a long time since I was in UK the fact that there is no priest in the picture was was quite usual if they were RC seems to rule that out. Not much help

Dyan in NZ ex Brummie
Kelly, Lloyd, Hutchinson, Baynham, Myerscough, Hodson, Jones ,Paine (Payne Pain) Wareing, Hodgetts - Ireland, Warwickshire (Birminingham), Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent), Lancashire, Herefordshire