Author Topic: 1851/1861 Census Hyde  (Read 552 times)

Offline Gizer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851/1861 Census Hyde
« on: Saturday 12 March 05 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

Would anyone be able to look up the family of William Hurst, b 1943 in Hyde. on  either one or both of these censuses.   His parents were Matthew and Jane Hurst, and I am trying to find out whether he had any siblings, and where they were living at that time.

Many Thanks,  Gizer

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/1861 Census Hyde
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 05 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gizer
           Welcome to rootschat

the 1851 shows

HO107-2154-F 308 Newton Street Hyde

Matthew Hurst 29 Blacksmith     born Hyde
Jane                 29                               Huddersfield
William             8   scholar                   Hyde
Sarah               5       ~                         
Mary                 2

The 1861 is not name indexed so without an address its a long search, I did have a quick look around the Newton St and Hyde Lane where they lived in  (1871) without any luck.
If you want the 1871 details let me know.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Gizer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/1861 Census Hyde
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 March 05 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Peter, You are an absolute star!!  Thankyou very much for your trouble.  I had a hunch that William had a sister called Sarah, but I hadn't been able to prove it until now. No need to check on the 1871 census, thanks all the same, as this is all the info I needed.  Thanks again,  Gizer.