Author Topic: Francis Owen(s) in the 1841 Census - City of Chester  (Read 531 times)

Offline brownwetdog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Francis Owen(s) in the 1841 Census - City of Chester
« on: Saturday 12 March 05 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for Francis Owen(s) in the 1841 census.  He would be about age 22 and possibly have an occupation of wheelwright or saddler.   

He was married up in the City of Chester in 1845,  to Ellen (Eleanor) Cole so hoping he arrived in Chester from Wales in time for the 1841 census.

His father's name may also be Francis Owen and his mother may be Margaret.  Siblings may include Margaret, Harriet, George, and Richard.  I've not yet confirmed these names.

Thank-you VERY much in advance for any assistance you can provide.   Carol

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Owen(s) in the 1841 Census - City of Chester
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 05 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol
             The 1841 for Chester does not have a name index  :'(  so I would need an address if possible,maybe from his marriage cert. Have you any other info from another census maybe so that I may be able to trace him back or tie him down to parish.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline brownwetdog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Owen(s) in the 1841 Census - City of Chester
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 March 05 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,     I don't have much information.   Ellen (Eleanor) Cole was living in "St Mary's Parish" according to the marriage certificate.  Unfortunately,  Francis Owens' residence is shown as Liverpool.   So it sounds like a long-shot that he might have been residing in St. Mary's Parish in the 1841 census for Chester.  Carol