Author Topic: George SINCLAIR - Bath  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Rodinmod

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George SINCLAIR - Bath
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 12 December 09 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Minky
  First of all, feel free to give my email to your Mom, my half-cousin.  I'm thrilled that we have made contact about our Grandfather(I'm assuming we are on the right track on all this, it seems to add up well.)  Here is a bit more information about my Uncle George.  After he was taken to Bath and introduced, he apparently did not get along well with "Leticia"( could this mean he didn't get along with , not his stepmother Mabel Curtis, but her Mother?)  Or he may have remembered the names incorrectly?  My Uncle George told my Aunt that he was so unhappy he was sent to live with Mabel's Aunt in another part of Bath. 
  Secondly, George senior's death certificate does not include a birth date or place unfortunately.  As for him dying in Manchester, the obvious thing that comes to my mind is that he was a musician who traveled frequently, thus having families in Cardiff, Bath, and Hove (later Manchester.)  Perhaps he just happened to be in Manchester during his final days? 
  Also, Uncle George remembers his Dad as having a hot temper, but was an accomplished musician, having played with good orchestras, and also playing at the "Pump Room" in Bath.  He ended up playing seaside concert jobs and finally cinema bands. 
  I will contact my cousin, who is George Sinclair senior's grandaughter and George Junior's daughter, and let het know what we are finding out.  I think she will be thrilled to find all this out because she has been trying to figure all this out as well.  I just want to make sure she doesn't mind me giving out the information.  I don't think it will be a problem, she may have more information as well.  If all goes well, I will make copies of everything I have and send it to you.  As I said before, I have a few pictures, documents and letters I'm sure you'd find most interesting.  Attached are two photos of your Great Grandfather.  Sorry, for some reason, the "Attach a photograph" button isn't working.  Any hints?

Offline Minky15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 December 09 11:15 GMT (UK) »
It might be easier to try and email the photos to me - I can't work out how to do it on here either - I will send a message with my email address shortly.

Poor Uncle George - sounds like he had a rotten time. My Mum has some photos of Mabel and she does look quite imposing - but I suppose everyone looked imposing in photographs in those days (smiling being strictly unfashionable).

I am seeing my Mum tomorrow so will see if she can add any more to the puzzle - in fact we are going to Bath for the day!!

Offline Rodinmod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 25 December 09 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, ivanidea.  I appreciate the help you've given us in regards to George Sinclair.  We've pretty much established that we are related, and are in the process of exchanging information and pictures.  But we are still in the dark about George Sinclair's early life and where he came from.  Any help you can give is most appreciated.  Again , thanks for helping out. 

Rod Brush,
(The California branch of George Sinclair.) 

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 13:00 BST (UK) »
George´s daughter Peggy Sinclair was married twice; divorced once.

Married Derek William Pow 1938,Bath Register Office;  divorced 1968.
Married Eric R Hitchcock 1976 in Swindon Wilts.

Died 1987 in Swindon Wilts.

Muffin
Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey