Author Topic: David Thomas Jones of Lampeter  (Read 6567 times)

Offline bairnj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomas Jones of Lampeter
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Goodness Osprey - you are an absolute star ;D

I can't begin to tell you how much your help means to me, the Welsh records kind of confuse me!

That gives me a bit of reading to do!  Will  let you know how I get on.  My husband and I are hoping to get to Wales next year for holiday, so I'll be able to have a good root about.

Thanks again.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 16:00 GMT (UK) »
I enjoy a good chase.   ;)

One bit I'd forgotten, possible marriages for Elizabeth's parents
David Evans dec qtr 1864 Aberayron vol 11b pg 115 with Anne Davies on the same page
but if marriage was in her home parish of Llanrhystud
David Evans sept qtr 1862 Aberystwyth vol 11b pg 111 with Ann Davies on the same page

If Elizabeth was baptised soon after birth she may been registered in either the dec qtr of 1866 or the march qtr of 1867. More than 1 possible birth reg in these quarters so may be worth trying the registrars direct and I think it's the one in Lampeter for Cardiganshire Central
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/regoff.html#C

If you're planning a visit, the record office in Aberystwyth is very helpful
http://archifdy-ceredigion.org.uk/
and the National Library holds lots of records.
http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=121
You need to register as a reader which you can do online or in person, but you need id with your address on.
http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=readerstickets

Have fun!

:D
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 March 10 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gillian,
Just come across your post and realised that the places mentioned are from the village of Cribyn which is in the Parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad,5 miles out of Lampeter.
The Old Shop is still there it is now just a Repair Garage but it used to be a General Merchant,a village shop and at one time a car dealership.Mynach Arms is still there though no longer a Public house.The Clock Inn[another Public house] is no longer there having been demolished.Troedrhiwfallon[should read
Troedrhiwfallen]is still there having had it's original thatch roof re-enstated and is used as a holiday cot
tage.It can be viewed on the owner's website-www.underthethatch.co.uk,hope this helps.
Regards,David
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 March 10 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Also just realised that the family who used to own the Old Shop still live in Cribyn -their surname is also Jones.Plus there is also a house called the Glyn which is still there.
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan