Author Topic: Margaret Findlay  (Read 15564 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Findlay
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 13 December 09 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Regarding James Findlay's first wife Eliza, have you tried searching for the marriage on SP? There is only one marriage showing (1877) between a James Findlay and an Eliza* in the whole of Banffshire in the right time period...so happens in Cullen  ::)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gregyboy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 14 December 09 07:45 GMT (UK) »
I have been able to find James family. It is just his wife I am trying to search on as I didn't even know she existed until recently. I found their children living with James in the 1881 census but not in the 1891 census.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 14 December 09 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Gregyboy,
You say you are trying to search on Eliza. As you said yourself that you don't know her surname, surely the first thing to do is check out this marriage certificate?
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Gregyboy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 14 December 09 16:45 GMT (UK) »
I tried using SP online but I could not find it, so I will have a go at it again.
Also one thing I am trying to find, is when Jessie's parents died. I know that George was born in 1834 and Janet was born in 1835.
Also James parents, Alexander and Helen. Alexander was born in 1814 and Helen was born in 1816. They married in 1838 and had James on the 11th March 1848. I think it is more likely that Alexander and Helen were dead by 1901. When James and Jessie married in 1888, they were all living.