Author Topic: COOK Battersea  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Gaz 1961

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: COOK Battersea
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 February 10 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Well his last name is English, so it could be any of Fred's brothers or sisters. I'll ask him, but I don't know if he'll reply.
COOK / Battersea / Wandsworth

Offline Gaz 1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 February 10 15:11 GMT (UK) »

There were so many cousins I never knew them all.

Yeah, big, big families!

Offline fied

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 February 10 16:00 GMT (UK) »
"Well his last name is English"

I remember an Arthur English as being a friend of my uncles and often at my grandparents' house. I don't know if he or any of his children married into the family.

There were only two daughters in my dad's family; Lizzie, who married George James, and Ada, who married a Canadian, Victor Ross, and emigrated there, so he couldn't be one of their offspring. My father's brothers were Michael, James, Thomas, Bunny, Charles and Arthur. The same names seem to circulate through the generations.

Offline exeter dweller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 February 10 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Just seen your post.

Though I am not directly descended from the Cooks my G Grandfather's first marriage was to Mary Ann Cook (I am descended from his second marriage).

The Mary Ann Cook in my family tree was the niece of James John Cook born in 1853.

I have been collaborating with another descendant of the Cooks who I met through GenesReunited. If this is the same family then James John Cook married Sarah Ellson on 24 Dec 1874 at St Mary Battersea and I can take you back another couple of generations back to Jeremiah Cook born 1801 in Standon Essex.

Please pm me if you want further details.

Regards

Mills: Cubbington, Warwickshire London
Savage: Wiltshire London
Butler: Lambeth
Rowland: Bristol London
Marshall: Westminster Battersea
Theobold: Stepney London and possibly Weeley Essex
Knight: Westminster & Cumberland
East: Westminster & Hammersmith
Paton: Westminster
Vincent: Cubbington, Warwickshire

Offline Gaz 1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 February 10 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Wow! excellent! thank you so much! that fills in some gaps! yes I would like as many details as possible please, whatever you've got will be very very much appreciated!

many thanks

Moderator comment: email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policies. Please use the personal message system to exchange this information

Offline latchmere

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 March 16 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi. New on here.  Lived 15 LG until age 5, shortly before it was demolished  ???  shame.  The Cook family lived next door, my uncle was Arthur Cook and he married my aunt Rose.  They had two children, Geraldine and David, who later became a photographer. Arthur's father kept pigeons.  My maternal grand-parents were Howe and my mother Margaret married James Dixon Martin. His family home was 8 Meyrick Road,  where he lived before marriage with my paternal gp's George (ex-Belfast) and Cissie (ex-Edinburgh) and his sister Doreen who moved to Swanley on marriage to Brian Scorer.  My father's sister Rena died age about 15 and his younger brother Samuel was killed in a road accident as a young boy.  If any of this info rings a bell, do let me know.  I'd be very pleased to see any photos of Latchmere Grove before it was flattened!