Author Topic: Does anyone have acces to Ramsey BMDS's ?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Does anyone have acces to Ramsey BMDS's ?
« on: Thursday 10 December 09 16:25 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :) :)

I am looking for the birth of Sarah Margaret PUXLEY who was born around 1800 in Ramsey, I.O.M.  - Parents were Thomas PUXLEY & Margaret ?

She later lived with a man called Simon Peter RINGE, and they had a daughter - Emmina RINGE born 10.03.1829 in Heligoland, Denmark, who died on 16.11.1871.

I would love to find the birth of Sarah, and her parent's marriage if possible.

Thanks

:) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have acces to Ramsey BMDS's ?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 December 09 14:56 GMT (UK) »
there were no civil regs until 1877/8 - thus you need a baptism - the parish registers were copied officielly in 1911 (an excellent tranascription) - these were filmed by the Mormons (& are the 'extracted' records on the IGI tho the igi was later fouled up by erroneous patron submitted entries) - these films are borrowable - see http://www.manxnotebook.com under fam history genealogy for lds filmnumbers - I have no record of Puxley name - are you sure it was Ramsey IoM ?
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have acces to Ramsey BMDS's ?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 December 09 15:27 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Thanks for the info -  I'm not sure of anything really - the details were given to me by somebody else.

:) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)