Author Topic: Where to find birth circa 1710?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline nedda

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where to find birth circa 1710?
« on: Sunday 13 December 09 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to break down a brick wall and looking for a birth record for a Isaac Pinker born abt 1710.

All we know is that ? Pinker had 5 children, William, John, Daniel, Issac & Judith - I can't find anything on these children.

Now Isaac's children and latter generations were all born in Christian Malford and Box area, so this is why we have kept in this area.  I have looked on the IGI, find my past - and can't find anything. 

I know I am getting back in time, but I know there are some parish records go back to the 1600's.

Thanks for any help.

Nedda
Walford - Over Stowey, Somerset
Harrold/Harold- Armagh, Australia
Durkan/Durcan, Leviston - Armagh
Pinker - Box & Christian Malford, Wiltshire
Hadfield - Mellor, Derbyshire
Sullivan - Tralee, Ireland
Kilchrist/Killchrist/Gilchriest/Gilchrist - West Riding Yorkshire, Lancashire & Australia

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find birth circa 1710?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 December 09 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nedda, parish records are kept in the Wiltshire and Swindon Archives in Chippenham.   Records for Christian Malford go beck to the 1650s and for Box to the 1500s.   The staff can be contacted by e-mail archives[at]wiltshire.gov.uk or telephone 01249 705500
Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline nedda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 December 09 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dave for the information.

I'll send an email off, as I live in Oz it will be cheaper than a phone call.

Regards

Nedda

Kilchrist/Killchrist/Gilchriest/Gilchrist - West Riding Yorkshire, Lancashire & Australia

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 December 09 12:31 GMT (UK) »
A William Pinker & his wife Mary lived in Christian Malford at the same time as Isaac & Betty/Elizabeth: their children were also baptised there.

And Judith would appear to have had two daughters - Ann & Elizabeth - in Christian Malford in 1735.  No father mentioned.

Unfortunately I don't have a transcript from before 1725 or so.

An Isaac Pinker was buried in Christian Malford in 1737.  Another Isaac was buried in 1760.  No ages given.  A Judith Pinker was buried there in 1757.  In fact there are a lot of them there!

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nedda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 December 09 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

William & Mary are 4 x g'grandparents. Isaac & Betty are 6 x g'grandparents.

Yes, I had down that Judith had 1 daughter, 2nd unknown, so thanks for Elizabeth's name.

I don't have Judith's death date, but funny I have a death date of 16 March 1757 for Ann, so that is intriguing.  Funny that she didn't have husband.

The 1760 death is Isaac Pinker aged 23 years, son of Isaac & Betty. I can't seem to find a death for any Isaac's for 1737, so that has me very intrigued. The closest I have is a Isaac Pinker who died 6 March 1736, son of Isaac & Betty.

Yeah there seems to be a few in the area.

Thanks for your help Nell

Nedda

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 December 09 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Nedda,

The LDS has filmed the Bishop's transcripts for Christian-Malford, 1605-1860 and one may hire and search their FHL BRITISH Film  No. 1279400 Items 1-5 showing Baptisms, marriages, and burials, 1605-1837.

The LDS has also extracted information from the above film and it is to be found in batch number C155001 via the Hugh Wallis site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm#PageTitle  where one will find no IGI submitted info. which might be a fairytale in part or all of its details.

From personal experience of searching many LDS films of church records I can vouch for the accuracy of their extraction but of course, the root source document could be incorrect :'(

I suggest you contact the WIL RO to ask if they have the parish registers from which the BT's were copied because there's always a possibility that the BT's were unreadable for some years.

You should also consider the possibility that the family lived elsewhere countywise in the years prior to your searches.

Regards

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 December 09 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Ok, some precision for you.  All the following buried in Christian Malford.  NB Not an exhaustive list!

Isaac 6 Mar 1737
Mary 13 Jan 1748
John 19 Oct 1750
William 19 Oct 1754
Judith 23 Feb 1757   
Ann 16 Mar 1757
John 11 Apr 1759
Isaac 6 Sep 1760
Sarah 14Jan 1767
Martha 12 Apr 1767
Isaac 18 Oct 1769
Elizabeth 28 Oct 1769
Betty 6 Apr 1773
Isaac 17 May 1784

How they are all related is for you to work out  ;)

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk