Author Topic: 1901 Census look-up - please  (Read 2392 times)

Offline JDB307

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1901 Census look-up - please
« on: Monday 14 December 09 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

I'm trying to trace the Corrigan family.  William Thomas Corrigan was born in New Tate, Florencecourt on 18 Feb 1884.  He eventually moved to Scotland. His parents were John Corrigan and Sarah Jane Brown.  The only thing that I know about them is that they were married in Killesher Parish Church, Florencecourt on 18 Oct 1882.  I am hoping that the 1901 Census will give me a clue as to their ages and places of birth.  Can anyone help me please?

Jack
BLYTH of Wemyss, Markinch, Dysart, Kirkcaldy
Also MACKIE, SIMPSON, CARSTAIRS, CHRISTIE, LEITCH, DUNCAN, PENMAN, LAMBERT, BEVERIDGE, GIBSON, RENWICK

NEWBY of Sweffling, Benhall, Peasenhall area of Suffolk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census look-up - please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 December 09 10:58 GMT (UK) »
The 1901 census is due to come online soon. See National Archives, Dublin website:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html

Meanwhile, it's available from a few other places like PRONI, Belfast and LDS but not indexed. (see under CENSUS RECORDS- www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,404634.0.html)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JDB307

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census look-up - please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 December 09 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that.  I had not realised that it was due to be put on line.  I'll keep my eyes open for that event.

Jack
BLYTH of Wemyss, Markinch, Dysart, Kirkcaldy
Also MACKIE, SIMPSON, CARSTAIRS, CHRISTIE, LEITCH, DUNCAN, PENMAN, LAMBERT, BEVERIDGE, GIBSON, RENWICK

NEWBY of Sweffling, Benhall, Peasenhall area of Suffolk