Author Topic: Need a marriage  (Read 4743 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Need a marriage
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 16:58 GMT (UK) »
I've tried looking for the McIntosh family in the meantime in 1891 on Ancestry but so far no joy - may just be Ancestry and they may be easier to find on SP (says she hopefully  ;D).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Love the photo of Peter and wife Agnes from Ancestry trees  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica and Kirsty - Thanks Kirsty, yes I do have all that info re children etc.

Monica - They were married 31 Jul 1891....Found the death of Mary in 1946 at "Braeport" Dunblane, looks as tho'they never had children..not that I can find.. Witness to her death was John McIntosh/Cramb (brother).  And that triggered memories  :'(  as my greath aunt Chris took me to Dunblane when I was about 6 or 7 I remember she had pigs ?? and I was taken to see them as one had a litter  ;D oh dear..memories..
I agree brilliant photo, the one of the McIntosh family..if you saw it.. the rather disgruntled child sitting between Peter and Agnes is my grandmother, they brought her up after my g/gran died early in the piece, the four girls all went to different relatives.  Aunt Chris told me Agnes was a bit of a tartar and ruled them all   ::) she was also illiterate (strange) but made sure no one else was. My line is through the Cramb's rather than the McIntosh's, at least I now know who Aunt Mary Stevenson was  ;D  ;D

Am a bit "fraught"this morning as it was after midnight last night before I got of the computer.once again thankyou all

regards Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica  Found the McIntosh family 1891 census on SP, would have saved a heap of trouble if available on Anc***** as Thomas Stevenson is listed as a boarder, also my gran is with them earlier than I thought..she was two years old..Charlotte Hall.
Just goes to show  ??? Ance****  >:(

Regards Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 00:41 GMT (UK) »
More problems - Now cannot find a death for Thomas Stevenson on SP, Mary is shown as widow on her death cert 1946..nothing for him in Dunblane...Aaagh again problems..problems... :D

As always patvp

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica  Found the McIntosh family 1891 census on SP, would have saved a heap of trouble if available on Anc***** as Thomas Stevenson is listed as a boarder, also my gran is with them earlier than I thought..she was two years old..Charlotte Hall.
Just goes to show   Ance**** 

Hi Pat

It looks like Ancestry are missing some of the 1891 Scottish census for Dunblane. I too have family in Ashfield and couldn't find them. I even did a search just on the address, Ashfield, ommitting names and got no-one. I also checked the family farm the other side of Dunblane and that is missing too. In both cases I have the images from SP and the writing is easy to read. I also spot checked some of the other names on the images, nothing.

Andy

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Quite right Andy  ???  can't see any reason for not having them, as you say the writing is quite clear, the McIntosh's were at 73 Ashfield Square, so have downloaded to my computer and added it to my Ances**** file as a comment, don't think it is any use complaining to Anc***  ;D

Regards Patvp

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 07:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat

As Stirling is closer to Dunblane and if the said Thomas died in Hospital would death may have been registered in Stirling. (Just an off the wall thought.)

1 1920 STEVENSON THOMAS     M 49 STIRLING
2 1938 STEVENSON THOMAS     M 69 ST NINIANS

Yours Aye

BruceL

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Bruce - May have to wait a wee while as have gone through so many credits on SP just lately my credit card is feeling the strain  :D :D

Regards Patvp