Author Topic: Looking for Bridget Spiegelhalter of Maesteg  (Read 10195 times)

Offline welsh_angel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bridget Spiegelhalter of Maesteg
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 24 February 11 18:56 GMT (UK) »
OOPS!!!!  I didn't realise there were two pages to this thread. SORRY!! :-[

Offline asawdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 June 11 13:28 BST (UK) »
hello my name is andrew and i am a friend of betty through the anglo german family history society.

meryl i am just posting briefly to say that among the family photos of mrs hogg of st maergen in the black forest i saw a photo of a mrs spiegelhalter of wales as an old lady - she was presumambly the  wife of e spiegelhalter the first (no name on it other than spiegehalter unfortunately but it was a welsh photographer) - that alas does not give ansere to the intriguing question of how they relate to the other spieglehalters in britain. (they could have come from st maergen or from any of the near parishes)

linda apols i have not signed up as a facebook friend - as the computer i now only occsssionaly use wont get into face book..

andrew

Offline Ricardian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 13 June 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Meryl

I have just seen your post re Spiegelhalters of Maesteg. I was born and brought up in Maesteg and I remember your grandparent's shop. Also I had a friend at school called Eryl Rosser who I believe was Glenys Spiegelhalter's niece.  My memory may be a bit faulty but I think that Eryl was related to them. Obviously it is nothing to do with finding Bridget but it just made me remember Eryl. She lived in St Michael's Rd near to the shop and I think that Glenys was her mother's sister. I think I may have met your grandmother while playing with Eryl and by going into the shop to get my watch repaired on the way home from school.

Regards

Mary
Rickards, Gower, Eynon, Davies, Jones/John, Williams, Phillips,Hillier,Hawker,Maddocks.

Offline jessam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,  I just saw your post to Meryl,  (my Niece)   I am  Glenys's daughter  Myra,   and Eryls cousin,   sadly Eryl died suddenly in 1969   during  an asthma attack aged just 24,   her parents and  mine have also all passed away now,  I still live at the same place,  though it has all changed .  Where are you living now?   

Offline Ricardian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Myra

Thank you for replying. I had a recollection that Eryl had died but I wasn't sure.  In 1969 I was living in Cowbridge but I was in Maesteg regularly visiting my father.Such a shame that she died so young. We were at school together in Plasnewydd and in the Grammar School.  I'm living in Worcestershire now.

Regards

Mary
Rickards, Gower, Eynon, Davies, Jones/John, Williams, Phillips,Hillier,Hawker,Maddocks.

Offline halfasheep

• RootsChat Veteran
  • White and Buckley family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 19 June 11 20:49 BST (UK) »
Going back to Emil, he is listed as being one of the first children enrolled at the "new school" - St Mary's and St Patricks in 1909 (school register is dated from 07/06/1909 to 14/06/1910).

It states:

Emile Spiegelhalter - Commercial Street (Emmanuel Jeweller) - born 1902
census info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Buckley - Maesteg, Tipperary
Lane - Waterford
Hughes - Hay/Hereford
Hobby - Byford
Evans - Neath/Cadoxton
Whitty - Wexford, South Wales
Connell - Ireland, and possibly Liverpool
White - Kinsale, Cork
Ahearn(?) - Glanmire, Cork
Millward - Merthyr, Maesteg

Offline jessam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 27 October 23 18:31 BST (UK) »
Emile and Bridget died in Ireland , and Emile remarried and had one son who still lives in Galway