Author Topic: "Jock" Smallwoods  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Hatchetman61

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Jock" Smallwoods
« on: Wednesday 16 December 09 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know any family history for a "Jock" Smallwoods who lived in Aubry Street, Londonderry in the 50s/60s, possibly earlier- probably died 1960s.  All I know is that he had a daughter called Iris (d.probably 1980s) who married a Boyd.  I'm not sure how, indeed if, this fits into my family tree.  Thanks

Moderator's Comment: please respond by PM (personal message) if you can help with this query. Thank you.

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: "Jock" Smallwoods
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 January 10 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hatchet, as you will already know from your other Smallwood/s posts, there are a couple of members of Rootschat who have Londonderry Smallwood/s families in their lines.  Most seem to link back to one or two families from early to mid 1800's and probably all are connected in some way, given that name is not that common.

If you want to PM me some further details, I can enquire for you re the Aubrey Street family in particular, as I know someone who seems linked to such a grouping.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .