Author Topic: William Keopky  (Read 2628 times)

Offline WexDor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Keopky
« Reply #18 on: Monday 14 June 10 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hello TonyBev!

At last!!  Many thanks for making contact re William Keopky - my interest starts in 1920 when, as a widower at 59, William married Margaret Elizabeth Ann Jenkins, 42,  (my great aunt).  At that time, William was a greengrocer and his address is given as 161 Port Tennant Road Swansea.  I have no further information regarding William and Margaret Keopky after this date other than William's death in 1929.   I would be extremely interested to learn more about the family if you are able to share your information.

Kind regards
Wexdor.
Wilshere - Devizes, GWR (Swindon)
Garland - Overmoigne
Osment of Folke
Ridout - Folke
Jenkins -Swansea
Coombes - Bath

Keopky -   Swansea
Bow - Semley, Wilts.
Hedges - Croydon & Alton (Hampshire)

Offline TonyBev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Keopky
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi WexDor

Many thanks for your contact, We were unaware that Great Grandfather had re-married after the death of his first wife Mary Ann Mainwaring.  My father Ronald George Koepke (the son of William Koepke jnr) was born in 1921 and passed away in 2007 he often recalled helping out with errands for his Grandfather at his GreenGrocers Shop at 161 Port Tennant Road.  We assume that they must have continued to own the shop for several years after 1921 possibly up until his death in 1929.  It is our intention to obtain a copy of his death certificate that should assist us further.  On William's Marriage Certificate it states his father's name as Johann (John) a Foreman of Stores (deceased) and on his Naturalization Certificate his mother is named as Minnie (possibly Wilhemina) and William was born in Steffin Germany in 1860.

Regards
TonyBev.
Koepke, Bevan. Glamorganshire, Breconshire, Monmouthshire.