Author Topic: Mary Ann McGirveny - 1821  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Jack2023a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Mary Ann McGirveny - 1821
« on: Saturday 19 December 09 10:44 GMT (UK) »

Hi all;
Looking for any possible help to locate any info regarding a  Mary Ann McGirvney (last name maybe spelt slightly diffrent).   

she married a bloke of (Henry?) SMITH in Ireland sometime between 1840 - 1848.   There seemed to be no children to this first marriage.

Mary Ann was born in 1821. and it was believed that she was from the villiage 'Erashelock' which I belive could be ' Crosserlaugh' in Co Cavan.

"Erashelock' Co Cavan was recorded on her marriage certificate - when she married the second time in 1849 in Australia.   

Her parents are unknown, however -

Any help would be appreciated

Jack
Bryan (Lincolnshire)

Offline mcghee67

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann McGirveny - 1821
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 December 09 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Hi all;
Looking for any possible help to locate any info regarding a  Mary Ann McGirvney (last name maybe spelt slightly diffrent).   

she married a bloke of (Henry?) SMITH in Ireland sometime between 1840 - 1848.   There seemed to be no children to this first marriage.

Mary Ann was born in 1821. and it was believed that she was from the villiage 'Erashelock' which I belive could be ' Crosserlaugh' in Co Cavan.

"Erashelock' Co Cavan was recorded on her marriage certificate - when she married the second time in 1849 in Australia.   

Her parents are unknown, however -

Any help would be appreciated

Jack

I am sure she comes from my line of McGivneys the spelling I have given you is the correct one. My Greatgrandfather was called Peter McGivney, his father before him was called Peter also and his father was called Andrew, I will look through my notes and see what I can come up with

Kind regards Jane
Molloy, Gallagher, Monaghan, O'Donnell Co Donegal

Provan Collins Govan Glasgow
McGivney, Molloy Craigneuk Wishaw Motherwell

Offline mcghee67

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 December 09 20:43 GMT (UK) »
A link for you to have a look at Mary is age 17yrs in 1821
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcav/crosserl.htm
Molloy, Gallagher, Monaghan, O'Donnell Co Donegal

Provan Collins Govan Glasgow
McGivney, Molloy Craigneuk Wishaw Motherwell

Offline Jack2023a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 04:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

All I know was that according to her 2nd marriage in Australia to George Collins 1849 - she was recorded as 28 years old - ie: born 1821.

I wouldn't think she was born in 1804 (age 17 in 1821) although her 2nd husband was born in 1803.  At the time of their marriage he was 48 and she 28 in 1849.

Maybe she was born in 1804 - and lied about her age when she married her 2nd husband. But I know that she was married in Ireland to a Smith but there were no children to this Smith bloke.   I believe his name was Henry,  but unable to confirm this.

It was the 1880's she died after marrying a 3rd husband.   Confusing - ha ha ha

Jack.

Bryan (Lincolnshire)