Author Topic: Pleshey Parish records??  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Lady constance

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Pleshey Parish records??
« on: Sunday 20 December 09 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi just after some advice, does anyone have access to the pleshey parish records at all?? do they exist or were they attached to another parish (ie great waltham.)

I am still missing a couple of KETLEY links that come from that area. They are not to be found in the great waltham records. I know there were lots of KETLEYS in PLESHEY as well so i though i would look.

any ideas??

in particular i am looking for births and marriages from C. 1700- 1720.

Cheers,
sarah Ketley
Ketley - Childs - Child - Ashbridge - Brittain - Patrick - Crackles - Durrant - Blythe
http://ketleyfamilytree.rootschat.net/index.htm

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pleshey Parish records??
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 December 09 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah

The Pleshey parish registers for the timespan you mention are available to look at (for free) on the SEAX site. (Just input SEAX into google to access it).

Click on the "image" word and then type "Pleshey parish registers" in the white box. You can then have the excitement of finding your own family members!

:)

Offline Lady constance

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 December 09 11:16 GMT (UK) »
fantastic i will have a look.

too many resourses to know where to look sometimes.... hopefully it will be a lucky one :-)

thanks for the info

sarah
Ketley - Childs - Child - Ashbridge - Brittain - Patrick - Crackles - Durrant - Blythe

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 December 09 21:24 GMT (UK) »
If you haven't tried Good Easter, if all else fails it might be worth a try, when searching for people in those PRs I noted that some from Gt Waltham were married there, so perhaps some strayed/stayed there.

Regards.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady constance

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 05:14 GMT (UK) »
hi guys, thanks for the advice.

I have spent some time trawling through the parish records (SEAX site and IGI) from Gt Waltham, Pleshey, Good Easter and a number of other parishes. I can't seem to find just what i was looking for.

my question is "when did the Ketley family come to essex (particularily Gt waltham) and where did they come from!"

owing to the lack of ketleys in the records and the known movements, i'm sure they moved there in the time i am searching, but just can't place the family.

anyway i'll keep searching

happy christmas all

sarah

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 07:20 GMT (UK) »
My Ketleys went from Gt Saling to Gt Leighs, which is none to far from Gt Waltham, not sure if the following info will provide any clues but just in case here goes  :-\.

Anthony Ketley born around 1708/10 was baptised at the age of 28 in Gt Saling so of course no parents names were given, he married Mary Pasfield in 1733 at Felsted, the marriage entry recorded that they were both "of Old Saling", the  Gt Saling marriage register noted that they were married in Felsted. 

The IGI claims Anthony was born 1710 the son of Richard Ketley and Elizabeth Farrow (no other details were given), which could be correct as Anthony named his first child Richard (born 1734) but I did not find a daughter named Elizabeth.  From my own research, Richard Ketley & Elizabeth Farrow married 1707 in Lt Leighs but a search 1706 to the end of 1721 did not reveal any baptisms for their children there.

Richard 1734 married Martha Loane in 1765 in Gt Leighs and all their known children were baptised in Gt Leighs, the generation after them were also all baptised in Gt Leighs.

What Ketley births/marriages are you looking for?  I have some "spares" in the time frame you mention from various Essex PRs that I've collected whilst searching for my lot.

Regards. 
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk