Author Topic: Ballymoney, Antrim, N. Ireland - Campbell - Lamont  (Read 3615 times)

Offline slpowers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ballymoney, Antrim, N. Ireland - Campbell - Lamont
« on: Sunday 13 March 05 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello:

I am researching ancestors from N Ireland as follows:
Charles Campbell - b. abt 1781 married to
Margaret Lamon(t)

They emigrated to Canada in 1830 bringing 7 children with them.

Children born in Ireland are:  Andrew, John, Mary, James, Grace, Charles & Martha.

According to the Commemorative Biographical Record of Kent County Ontario Canada, Charles was of Scottish ancestry but a native of Northern Ireland where he grew up and married.

Any information or offer of volunteer research of this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.  Sharron (Toronto, Canada)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Ballymoney, Antrim, N. Ireland - Campbell - Lamont
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 March 05 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Maybe you are already aware of it, but if not, the following site may be of help:

http://www.ballymoneyancestry.com/

From the 'post a message' button on their menu list, you can access a useful message board as well as a thread that would enable you to request a family history 'Seeking information' type letter be placed (free I believe) in local Ballymoney newspaper.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 October 06 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Sharron,

How is the Campbell / Lamont research progressing ??? Did you have a look at the Ballymoney website ???

Chris

Offline slpowers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 October 06 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris:

I did look at the Ballymoney site quite awhile ago but alas I still have not been able to find my Campbell/Lamont family in Ireland (or Scotland).  I've had a bit of a dry spell so am hoping that when I pick it up again, there may be more on the web.

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.  Thanks for your interest and your email!  Sharron

Offline RQ2S

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 January 19 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharron

Like you, I have traced my ancestry back to Charles Campbell and reached a dead end. The trail to me leads through John Campbell - James Ellsworth Campbell - Bertie Campbell - Gordon Campbell. John left Ontario in 1848 and went to Rockford Illinois. James moved to Alberta in 1911 and that's where the family has largely stayed since.

Have you been able to find out any more since your last post here?

Regards,
Ross