Author Topic: HENDERSON- Syerla, Clonfeacle, Tyrone, Laughgall  (Read 10079 times)

Offline Maureen Murray

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON- Syerla, Clonfeacle, Tyrone, Laughgall
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 March 19 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I came across your page quite by accident and it caught my attention but realise the entries are not recent BUT did you ever track down your information?  I am also interested in the  Henderson family as a later family of them was my grandmother but she seems to have disappeared off the radar.  Funnily enough I live in NZ - Tauranga.  Would love to know if you have had any success.  Maureen

Offline thedeadman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 March 19 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maureen,
do you descend from any of the Hendersons that immigrated to canterbury, I have found several different chains that seem to go to other places in the South Island, Ive also traced some of the older hendersons in ireland, but I have since put all genealogy on hold for awhile,(well until winter any ways), Popkiwi whom lives in Aussie, seems to be a direct descendant and a close relative of mine, I might take some time and go back on to his posts

Offline Maureen Murray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 March 19 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deadman!!  I didn't actually expect a reply but I guess when folk get into this geology it can cover years.  I am not descended from any Hendersons who came to NZ  and I have just had a quick look and I reckon the Isaac Henderson who would have been my great grandfather was born about 1843 and that doesn't seem to tie in with popkiwi's findings so maybe it is another branch of the family.  Will go back and put things down on paper more clearly when I have time.  I initially wanted to find out about my grandmother but hit a dead end and actually gave up until about 3 weeks ago when someone in America contacted me and it turns out we are definitely related but on my father's side which I hadn't even looked at.  Have just about worn my eyes out going through census records to try and see where my grandmother was as she definitely wasn't listed with my  grandfather.  U suspect there may be a skeleton in the cupboard!!  I came to NZ in 1956 by myself - yes I am very old Ha - so it may be I will never find out.  Thanks for your reply.  Maureen