Author Topic: HENDERSON- Syerla, Clonfeacle, Tyrone, Laughgall  (Read 10077 times)

Offline popkiwi

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON- Syerla, Clonfeacle, Tyrone, Laughgall
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 February 10 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garth - Thanks for your reply.  I have found who I believe to the be parents of Issac Henderson - Thomas Henderson and Mary (unknown) born abt 1746 in Ireland.
As you state, you descend from James born 1798 who married Ann Shillington. Then there was Isaac b 1801, Ann b 1802 and then I descend from Joseph b 1804 who married Nancy Allen. They had  a son, Thomas Henderson in 1831 who married Elizabeth Welsh and they immigrated to New Zealand in 1867 where I was born in 1951.

I have my Tree on Genes Reunited if you are interested.
Do you have a Tree online anywhere? - Regards - Evan Bennett
Unable to send new password as you have changed your email address - please click on the contact us bottom

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 February 10 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    Have just looked at the IGI section of www.familysearch.org and noticed that they list many Shillingtons from Co. Tyrone from about 1750 onwards.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline gferrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Evan,
I do not have a family tree online, but I would be delighted to see what you have.

Regards,

Garth

Offline gferrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 March 10 03:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Evan,

Do you have documentation that you have found the right parents for Isaac Henderson?

Garth

I have not accessed you family tree.

Offline popkiwi

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garth - No I have no documentation thus far - just joing up the dots on IGI etc.
What does encourage me though is that they appear to be the only Handerson family in the area, plus that the area concerned is very small and not far from Loughgall where Isaacs  Grandson Thomas (my 2xGreat Grandfather) married Elizabeth Welsh in Loughgall Parish Church on 06/10/1853. I do have that documentation as well as Thomas' death cert which shows his parents as Joseph Henderson  b 1804 in Syerla and Nancy Allen.
Isaac Married Jane Askin in 1798, the same year that James Henderson was born, followed by Isaac jnr in 1801, Ann in 1820 and Joseph in 1804.

I have in my notes that the link between Isaac and his father, Thomas b abt 1746 and married to Mary Unknown, I got from One Great Family.com

Trivia - It was Thomas and Elizabeth who immigrated to New Zealand where I was born. I have a photo of their headstone at the Churchyard where my brother was married in 1968.

I hope you find this helpful - Evan
Unable to send new password as you have changed your email address - please click on the contact us bottom

Offline TR Judd Jr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 16:06 GMT (UK) »
I stumbled onto this discussion by  "accident". My great grandfather was Alexander Shillington Henderson. I have been trying to research this line for a number of years. Things I have learned. In 1922 the English and Irish had a argument which destroyed a significant number of records, so we look at substitutes. Which I have done, as far as I can. I have compiled an number of documents. But let's start at the beginning of my research. I found a short history of Alexander Shillington Henderson, which I have attached. It is a PDF which most of my documents are.
Will continue later if there is interest

NOTE It would not let me post it. It is to large. So we'll need to handle it another way. I have a website that It is on. So If interested I will indicate the links later.

Offline gferrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 23 March 12 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi TR Judd,

I am interested, so thanks for your post in response.   I would be happy to see the short history for Alexander Shillington Henderson.   

If you will, please provide the link or just send it to (*)

thanks!

Garth Ferrell

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline TR Judd Jr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 23 March 12 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Code: [Select]
http://www.portals-of-the-mind.com/FamilyHistory/Research%20Resources/ShowResearch_ResourcesTable.aspx (link broken) 

The Category chosen should be Henderson Line. This will show all the Henderson stories, etc. that I have collected.
Enjoy
Tom

Offline thedeadman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 June 13 08:54 BST (UK) »
Popkiwi, I too am related to Thomas Henderson and Elizabeth Welsh, I have his parents as Joseph henderson and Nancy Allen, grandparents were recorded as Isaac Henderon and Jane Askin.

If you are stuck for information regarding the Hendersons of Springston, I can help you out there as I have at least 95% completed.
All i have to do is confirm that Joseph Henderson and sarah Proctor that were also living in Springston was Thomas' brother