Author Topic: Can you find Irven Tough please...?  (Read 8001 times)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can you find Irven Tough please...?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 December 09 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 Mary Tough (nee McGillivray) was the sister of William Ewan McGillivray (father of James Pittendrigh Mcgillivray). William McGillivray married Margaret Pittendrigh on 16th June 1855 in the parish of Rayne. I have requested a clearer image of the marriage certificate but can clearly see the names of their parents.
Regards
flst :)

TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 December 09 23:14 GMT (UK) »
So Irven/Irvine Tough was James, the sculptor's niece  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 December 09 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget,
No, Irvine would be the cousin of James,would n't she? Her mother & his father were sister & brother!
flst :)
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 December 09 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Yep your right - I got my generations mixed up  ::)

Irvine's mother was Mary Tough nee McGillivray  and she was James the sculptor's aunt so they were cousins  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone ...just catching up ... so ...The James MacGillivray ( married to Hannah Ewan ) that you found on the 1851 census Gadget ..  that 's William Ewan MacGillivray's father and  James Pittendrigh MacGillivray's Grandfather ... I 'd better go and check out the census to see where William appeared
Here  is a photo of the lovely Irven ..posted with her grandson's permission ..
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 16:49 GMT (UK) »
A very fine lady, Poll :)  What a waist  :o

They were in Huntly. If you have probs, give a shout but I think you'll find them!

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 20:35 GMT (UK) »
What a lovely picture.  Very distinctive name, and looks to have a very distinctive face and character to match.
A picture to be very proud of - thanks for posting it, because in all seriousness you'll know yourself that once you start searching for someone, even for a few moments in response to someone else's post, they become a person in your mind.   It's nice to be introduced, as it were.
Maggie 1895

p.s. I can confirm the SP credits 're-activate'.  Once or twice I've been really annoyed to find mine have expired, and as soon as I purchase more, the two add together to give me the active total.    Never let it be said that our revered / beloved/ absolutely ludicrous government (take your pick) miss a trick!
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:35 GMT (UK) »
 Just had a call from  Irv ... he's negotiating his way around ROOTSCHAT at the moment ....  I think we may be hearing from him soon ... erm I think .... I  ve just explained that all these Gnomes in red hats looking at him as he writes , are smilies ...not an audience !!! ;D ;D
 ( He'll be wanting to take a bow next and an encore ! ) ;D ;D
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Irv if you're there  ;D ;D ;D