Author Topic: Elizabeth Gibbins B.1842 Budbrooke  (Read 3707 times)

Offline gsoutham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Gibbins B.1842 Budbrooke
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 March 13 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Manse49

Thank you for your reply.

My Daniels, Walter Wallace (b1851) comes from Paddington. 

He married my great grand mother, Rose Ann Southam, on May 15, 1875 in Birmingham.
They had 4 children, Walter Wallis (b1879), William Dudley (b1881), Edith (b1883) and Nelly Rose (b1891).  Before marriage, Rose Ann had an illegitimate son, Josiah Charles Southam (b1870), my grand father.

One of the interesting things about their story is that Nelly Rose was a British Home Child.  She went through the Middlemore system and ended up in Stratford, Ontario in 1906.

I am trying to track down her trip through the emigration system at the time.  Amazing that over 100,000 children were shipped out of Britain to Canada between 1870 and 1930.

Maybe you have some information about this.

I have some of my personal pictures of the Budbrooke Farm, taken in 2005.  Do you have anything more recent?

Thanks for your interest.

Gerald

Offline buapaity

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Gibbins B.1842 Budbrooke
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 June 17 01:09 BST (UK) »
Gerald, can you help me please. I am researching two of the children of George and Sarah Ann Hall, namely Albert Edward (born 1891) and Henry Richard (born 1894/5) as part of a study I am doing for all men from Budbrooke who served in WW1. Henry originally joined the Warks regiment but was discharged in Dec 1914. On the Parish memorial to those who served he is listed as being in the RAF.
Albert was in the Warks.
Do you have any information as to Regiments squadrons etc and also any info as to their later lives?
I want to do a presentation for all those who served, but it is much more difficult to find info on survivors compared to those who died
Many thanks
Andy