Author Topic: Thomas & Maria WARNER  (Read 2723 times)

Offline pdstrelan

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Thomas & Maria WARNER
« on: Monday 14 March 05 11:25 GMT (UK) »
 :) :D
Looking for census (1840-1851) entry or marriage /birth info for Thomas Warner who married Maria Strutton about 1830. hey had about 7 kids and all left for Downunder in 1852 on the "Helene". Kids were - William, Hannah, Jane, Elizabeth, Charles, Richard and Edward all born 1830 to 1844. Shipping lists the family as "from Buckingham".
MEADER (William and Mercy, Elizabeth) and  MARTIN (George and family) of Thanet/Kent/Strood, Brammshott. May have Devon/Isle of Wight connections.
WARNER, (Thomas, dau Elizabeth) of "London".Married Maria Strutton c 1830
BLACK, Robert and Dorothy of Carlisle (Lord St)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas & Maria WARNER
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 March 05 08:15 GMT (UK) »
This family does not show on the 1851 census CDROM for Buckinghamshire. Thos Warner according to Pallots Marriage index married Maria Strutton in 1829 at Hackney St. John, then Middlesex now central London. A London marriage doesn't mean the couple did not return to Buckinghamshire afterwards but the fact they don't show on the IGI which has reasonably coverage for Buckinghamshire, or on the 1851 census might indicate a local family to the London area. A Maria Strutten's baptism is shown on the IGI for 19th February 1804 at Hackney St. John - father Richard.
Regards
Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk