Author Topic: Taylor Family  (Read 3857 times)

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taylor Family
« on: Friday 01 January 10 13:39 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find anyone who has Taylor relatives from Warrington. William Taylor was b1835 in Warrington he married someone called Sarah b 1836 Warrington. My gt grandfather  their son James was b 1860 Warrington. They moved to the Black Country around 1861.
I believe Williams father was also called William and was born abt 1807 in Gt Budworth, Cheshire.
I have looked at everything i can think of can anyone help.
Wendy

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor Family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Wendy,

Happy New Year and welcome to Rootschat  :)

When you say you've looked at everything you can think of, where have you looked?  Do you have them on all the census, and where have you looked for their marriage and James' birth? (just to save duplicating any searches)

Barbara  :) 

`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Is this your family in 1861?

1861 census  RG 9  Piece 2072 Folio 96 Page 53     
Hill Street, Kingswinford, Worcestershire

TAYLOR
William  head mar 25 Glass Cutter   Warrington  Lancashire
Sarah    wife  mar  24                       Manchester  Lancashire
Sarah A  dau          3   Scholar          Manchester  Lancashire
James    son           1                        Manchester   Lancashire 

You need to find James' birth registration to see his mother's maiden name, then you can look for his parents' marriage, as there are a few possibilities.
If you ask the local register office to check for his parents' names before you buy the certificate, they should be able to do that for you to avoid wasting money on the wrong one.

The Lancashirebmd website is a good place to look:
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara
There are several James Taylors b 1860 i did look on bmd, it was suggested to me that SArah could have been Sarah Jones but i cant find marriage or James mothers name being Jones
Wendy

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 January 10 14:44 GMT (UK) »
You need to eliminate the wrong ones by asking the register office to check the parents' names for you before you buy the birth cert for James.  They should be able to do that free of charge.  Without Sarah's maiden name you can't be sure of going back on the right track, so James' birth cert is really the best thing to get next.

Or you can use the GRO checking service, they charge £3 though for checking known details, and include that in the certificate price if correct.  Local register office is the best bet.

On Lancs bmd there is a birth for a Sarah Ann Taylor, (possibly James' sister) in Hulme, Manchester in 1858, so maybe that's where James was born too.

Did James have a middle name? (would be a big help if he did!)

Barbara

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 January 10 15:00 GMT (UK) »
I see that in 1871 Sarah is a widow and is lodging with  a William Jones and his family (so possibly her father as her status of Boarder looks as if it may have been written over Daughter)  with son James and several more children in Kingswinford, the birth cert of any of those children would perhaps be easier to find and would give you Sarah's maiden name.

Do you have those 1871 census details?

James' age is given as 12 in 1871 so could have been born 1859

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 January 10 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you ruled out this marriage on freebmd?

Sep 1857 Manchester    8d   523
 Jones    Sarah    and on same page     Taylor    William

You would still need one of the children's birth certs to check her maiden name

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 January 10 12:40 GMT (UK) »
I believe it could be Henry ut this information is from my 90 year old uncle so dont know if its correct. That did not show on that bmd for Hulme. But i agree it could be promising.

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 January 10 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara
I had searched for a marriage with Sarah Jones and i couldnt find one. I will try to get birth cert of one of the others it may be easier to find.
Thanks