Author Topic: Barton-in-the-Clay - 1632 Marriage (Completed)  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Barton-in-the-Clay - 1632 Marriage (Completed)
« on: Friday 01 January 10 23:35 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is able would they please look up a marriage between Richard WYNBUSHE/WINBUSHE and Agnes ROE 7 Feb 1632.
I'm curious to know if Richard was a widower or batchelor.
Thank you in advance.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barton-in-the-Clay - 1632 Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 January 10 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
There is an earlier marriage between a Richard Winbushe and Susan Prior in Barton-in-the-Clay for 14/10/1610. Depending on how old he was in 1632 when  he married Agnes Roe, it could either be a previous marriage or perhaps these were his parents, and he was born around 1611.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 January 10 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi paco,

I've looked through the whole batch for baptisms (IGI) in Barton-in-the-Clay 1558-1812 this morning and can only see 3 for WYNBUSHE (and no other variations). I understand it may not be complete for whatever reasons or they might not have been baptised.
The baptisms are Thomas 1611; John 1613 and Phoebe 1615.

If the Richard marrying in 1632 is a widower then I think it probable (although obviously not confirmed) that it's the same Richard who married in 1610.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello JustKia,

The 7 Feb 1632 marriage is of Rich Winbushe, widower to Agnes Roe, of Harlington.  His previous wife Susan Prior whom he married on 14 Oct 1610 was buried at Barton on 9 Aug 1631.  The baptisms of Thomas, John & Phoebe, between 1611 & 1615 just say son/daughter of Richard Wynbush.   

I cannot find Anges Roe at Harlington nor does the marriage say she's a widow....but.... there is a Harlington marriage of John Roe to Agnes Whitlocke on 7 Aug 1607; wouldn't be her would it? Is there a burial of John Roe?

regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much John.
I really appreciate the info this will certainly help me push things a bit further.