Author Topic: Jones's of Newmarket + descendants  (Read 13771 times)

Offline CMooreddrall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones's of Newmarket + descendants
« Reply #63 on: Friday 18 September 20 10:13 BST (UK) »
Roger... It's been a bit! I went to Rhyl last year and even in person it was aggravating, but I did have a thought. That yellow brick building isn't the same as the photo as far as brickwork though it is close. I was going through the 1901 census and realized it did not appear they counted the buildings to the south of 8 cobden terrace as being on bath street although they in fact were, maybe I read it wrong but I was thinking it might be possible that bodawe(?) and cynwyd house might have been the middle homes on bath street but somehow considered Brighton Rd? Obviously facades have been changed everywhere. My other thought is what if the entrances to those buildings were through an alleyway so they might be located behind cobden terrace?  Anyway just putting out thoughts.

Chris

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 09 October 20 13:59 BST (UK) »
Re post 53 grandma's referred to as Nairn  Nain Nan

my great great aunt Ellen  from Liverpool had Welsh step grandchildren who called her Nairn her many great nephews and nieces all thought it was her name and called her Aunt Nan
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 09 October 20 14:08 BST (UK) »
Also I'm very impressed with your research
Good idea to post photos on forums or trees .

One of my DNA matches has just recognised a photo that he has from an inherited collection and realized it's his mothers maternal grandmother from our ancestry tree link .

We have quite a few cases of Llanorman JONES being fostered by relatives so DNA combined with paper trails has helped us unravel some of the links
.Have any of your Newmarket JONES  descendants  taken DNA test ?

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson