Author Topic: Scobbie,Michael c1738 Airth  (Read 2845 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Scobbie,Michael c1738 Airth
« on: Monday 14 March 05 16:56 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking futher info on Michael Scobbie born c1738.He was a famer in Stirling.
In Jan of 1763 he married Janet Thomson in Airth Stirling Scotland.
I do have 7 known children born to this couple.The last child,Agnes ,is who I am descendant from.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline smer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Scobbie,Michael c1738 Airth
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 05 03:01 BST (UK) »
Dear Ann

To follow up my previous messages, I thought that I would also tell you that my parents had friends in Australia called Spottiswood. 

Unfortunately, I don't know much about their family, other than they were Scottish and Bill grew up in China as his father was an engineer, I think, and was stationed there in the early part of the 1900's.  It is not a very common name and so I thought you may be interested.

Regards

Sandra

PS Did you receive my reply to your answering message.  I have quite a few pictures of Airth that I would be happy to pass on, as well as some graves.
Roberts - East Farleigh, Kent,
Philpott - West Farleigh, Kent
Bodkin - Maidstone, Kent.
Houston - Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire
Scobie (Scobbie) - Airth, Stirlingshire
Davie - Airth, Stirlingshire
Watt - Airth, Stirlingshire
Mitchell - Airth, Stirlingshire
Spalding - Glasgow
Drennan - Glasgow