Author Topic: KIDD,DAVID c1730 Angus,Scot.  (Read 12857 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KIDD,DAVID c1730 Angus,Scot.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 February 11 21:40 GMT (UK) »
I have an Agnes Kidd in my tree, just wondered if she may be related.

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 February 11 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Marcie, I am sure that some more details of dates, places and other family members would greatly improve your chances of getting a useful reply.

Scotland's People lists 356 births/baptisms of Agnes Ki/yd(d)s before 1854 and 511 births after 1855, total 867 people of this name.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 February 11 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Forfarian,
she is the only one, will check the dates I have for her and check her place of birth. :)

marcie

just wondered if that family had an agnes, before I checked. but will do this the other way around. 8) yet another one where there are loads of the little perishers. ;D
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Peter de Loriol

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • published writer and historian - bi-lingual, living in Clapham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Capt James Kyd RN who died in 1793 in Elie,Fife, sold the family estates of Craigie (Dundee) and Woodhill. I am trying to find his parents.
His uncle was Thomas Kyd, Wine Merchant in Leith, father of Col. Robert Kyd(1745-1793).
I have found reference to several Testaments (including another Thomas Kyd 1673, son of James Kyd of Craigie , which I have read; William of Woodhill, James of Craigie 1662 and (presumably) siblings Elspet 1656, and William 1663), but have not been able to find the connection (i.e Capt Kyd's parents).
I wonder if anyone can help with any suggestions please. Could the David, born 1730 be a brother?

Andrew,

I have quite a lot of information on the Kyd/Kidd family of Craigie - what would you like to know and how do you connect?
Peter-Gabriel