Author Topic: Barker of Newbury & Great Horwood Grave Stone Photos wanted  (Read 4505 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barker of Newbury & Great Horwood Grave Stone Photos wanted
« on: Tuesday 05 January 10 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I would like to have Tombstone pictures of my Barker ancestors who lived in Newbury and Great Horwood Buckinghamshire. The info I have is:

CHURCH Great Horwood
The church of ST. JAMES

On the north side of the chancel there is a small brass with the figure of a priest and an almost indecipherable inscription to a former rector of the church. There is a marble wall tablet in the chancel with an achievement of arms to Robert Barker, 1636, and Marie his wife, daughter of William Smith, 1653; and in the north chancel aisle is another, with a shield of arms, to Hugo Barker, 1687, to Hugo his son, 1704, and to Maria and Joanna, wives of the former, and Elizabeth and Esther, wives of the latter.

and photo of this if possible:

In the local chapel in Great Harwood is an achievement of arms and a citation which commemorate the two Hugh’s, father and son, and their four wives,
Perenni memoriae sacrum
Hug. Barker, Med. Doc. peritissimi
Et Hugonis, filii ejus unici
Utriusque duabus sponsis.
Felicitati
Maria (Patris Prima)
Joanna, denata Aug. 28, 1667 (Patris Secunda)
Elizabetha, denata Jul. 10, 1696 (Filii Prima)
Esthera [Heysham] superstite [surviving](Filii Secunda)
Qui corpora sua terris
Animas caelis reddiderunt
Pater Jun. 19, 1687
Filius Mar. 25, 1704
Hoc monumentum posuit Ric. Barker
De hac parochia, Arm., consanguinitatis
et pietatis ero
Nov. 19, 1713

Further several of them were at Oxford Uni if anyone can get pictures of plaques at Oxford Uni of the above Barker family it would be great.

Any Help Appreciated