Author Topic: owen/owens family, montgomery  (Read 2498 times)

Offline merylelaine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
owen/owens family, montgomery
« on: Tuesday 05 January 10 10:54 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone could help me, im wanting to trace further back in my family tree.
My grandfather is Walter Dennis Owen B 8.2.1929 Mochdre and was in Royal Artilery @ Aldershot
His father was Walter Cecil Owen B 27.12.1903.

Walter Cecil lived in Blackhall and had 3 brother Harold Owens B 14 August 1897, William Owens B 26 April 1899 and Edwert Owens (jr) B 14 January 1917.

Walter Cecil, Harold, William and Edwert's(jr) parents were Edwert Owens B 9th April 1871(senior) and Sarah Ann Evans B 1 January 1874.

Edwert (senior) parents were David Owens B 1831 and Jane Williams.

My grandfather married Brenda Marion Davies B 29 March 1938, whose parents were thomas and dorothy ann davies, who lived at Glanhafren Hall and possibly 'the mount'.

Brenda had 2 brothers Mervyn and Emrys, and two sisters Bronwyn and Gladys Gwendoline Davies (known as Gwen) who died of newspaprer ink poisoning aged 5.

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
Re: owen/owens family, montgomery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 January 10 21:58 GMT (UK) »
If you can't find any info on them through places like the LDS, Ancestry public trees (often very dubious, but there are diamonds in the rough), general web and WorldConnect, you will need to get yourself to Powys Archives in Llandrindod Wells.

Once you get back to c. 1830s, you are likely going to need to do a lot of traveling and trawling to put the pieces together.