Author Topic: "Lost" Fred & Violet Stone  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: "Lost" Fred & Violet Stone
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky

A very warm welcome to RootsChat & oh, I wish I could say yes that's him but I'm not sure. ??? According to Fred & Violet's marriage his father was Frederick Charles Stone, a Tailor, deceased, although that could be wrong, who knows. ;)

I haven't found any other info about Fred apart from the 1881, here's a link to another post regarding this wayward family, http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,413275.0.html

I have tried the USA & Australia for this couple without success, so the idea of South Africa is a possibility. I'm going to do some more digging on the info you have given me & if there's anything else you can think of that might help to confirm one way or the other please let me know. Back later with any thing I can find, or not. :P

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 21:00 GMT (UK) »
I dont think they were very original when picking names for their children back then! There are so many people with the same combination of first & second names & surnames! Hows a person meant to find any relations? Can you help me out, since Im new to this Tootschat thing - I want to start a new search and post a message regarding my paternal grandfathers side of the family (Bensimon) - how do I do this?

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky

I totally agree with you about the repeat of names through families, some times it's a real challenge. :)

For a post on your Bensimon's, if you know the county they originate from, assuming they are from the UK, go to the appropriate thread under "England General" or try Beginners, perhaps that would be the easiest, just start a new thread & ask away, every one is very friendly & will certainly help if they can. ;D

Regarding F G Stone, I have confirmed that my one's father was Frederick Charles although I can't find a wife for him. :o Doesn't look as if we have any connection but I'm not discounting your man out completely, yet.

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk