Author Topic: The Kelman family  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Jake Kelman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
re: The kelman Family
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 09 January 10 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Bill

I believe that your wife Sheila was my cousin if her brother was named Alan and his mother was AKA Nancy, hence the the family names  big Nancy wife of Tommy and little Nancy wife of Georgie.(refered to their height)

Anyway if this is so my granfather died about 1946ish I dont know for sure the funeral was at St Bridgets I was only
5 but I attended against the wishes of the family sneaking in at the back. He was buried in Smithdown rd cemetery.

My grandmother survived a few more years and his buried with him

My father James second oldest always told me that my granfather spoke of Dunnoon and he did not speak much of his family
but his sister Jessie visited for a short while in the thirties. So it is possible he went south via there.
I hope this helps.

I would be interested to hear more on how you are going.

Moderator comment: topics merged.  Please don't discuss people who are still living here - you can use the Personal Message system once you have posted again

Offline nickgc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GGF J. James McLellan 1864-1908
    • View Profile
Re: re: The kelman Family
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 09 January 10 02:59 GMT (UK) »
Jake,

Welcome to RootsChat, "The champagne of online family history sites" to coin a phrase.

Might I suggest that you put this reply on the thread that Bill posted on?  That way he will receive an email that someone has responded.  To find this note he will have to be actively looking for it.

Nick
McLellan - Inverness
Greer - Renfrewshire
Manson - Aberdeen & Orkney
Simpson - Hereford, Devon, etc.
Flett - Orkney
Chisholm - Scotland
Wishart - Orkney
Shand - Aberdeen
Pirie - Aberdeen

-----
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.   -Robert Heinlein

Offline Bill Pearson

• Error with email address please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 09 January 10 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Bill

I believe that your wife Sheila was my cousin if her brother was named Alan and his mother was AKA Nancy, hence the the family names  big Nancy wife of Tommy and little Nancy wife of Georgie.(refered to their height)

Anyway if this is so my granfather died about 1946ish I dont know for sure the funeral was at St Bridgets I was only
5 but I attended against the wishes of the family sneaking in at the back. He was buried in Smithdown rd cemetery.

My grandmother survived a few more years and his buried with him

My father James second oldest always told me that my granfather spoke of Dunnoon and he did not speak much of his family
but his sister Jessie visited for a short while in the thirties. So it is possible he went south via there.
I hope this helps.

I would be interested to hear more on how you are going.

Hi! Jake, You can e-mail me on

Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses - please use the PM system to exchange such details, as mentioned above!!

Myt brother in law is XXX Kelman. I often heard about Tommy and little Nancy (nee Harris) was married to George Kelman (b1919) in Liverpool. They married in 1940 and had two children, but only XXX Kelman is still alive.   So your father James (b1912) is the brother of my late father-in law Thomas.  Can you help on tracing their father George (b1886ish) in Scotland.  I think I am on the right track, but have yet to get my information confirmed.

Regards

Bill Pearson

Moderator comment: topics merged.  Please don't discuss people who are still living here  - you can use the Personal Message system once you have posted again
we are unable to send a new password because your email address is not working.

Offline Bill Pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Kelman family
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 January 10 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Jake,

You have only posted one message, need to post another before we can exchange "personal messages"

Regards

Bill Pearson

Offline Peter Chisholm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 12 January 10 03:32 GMT (UK) »
[lHi Nick,
Would like to know more about your Scottish Chisholm  connection?? Mine come from Dingwall R&C and Nairn and possibly some went to America??Can you oblige ,
Regards Peter Chisholm
(*) or (*) quote author=nickgc link=topic=429310.msg2939746#msg2939746 date=1263005984]
Jake,

Welcome to RootsChat, "The champagne of online family history sites" to coin a phrase.

Might I suggest that you put this reply on the thread that Bill posted on?  That way he will receive an email that someone has responded.  To find this note he will have to be actively looking for it.

Nick

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail addresses removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Bill Pearson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Kelman family
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 12 January 10 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

Bit puzzled why Nick has put you onto this site which is mainly concerned with the Kelman family from Aberdeenshire.  I think you are looking for a Scottish
link to the Chisholms, unless of course you are somehow related, but I have yet to find the connection?

Come back to me if you think that our names are linked, otherwise good luck in your search