Author Topic: Any Beaumonts from Cleckheaton  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Sheldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Any Beaumonts from Cleckheaton
« on: Tuesday 15 March 05 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Im new to Rootschat, and am looking for any Beaumonts from Cleckheaton. My Great Grandmother Emily Beaumont, parents, Samuel and Nancy Beaumont. Samuel was apparently a Manufacturing Engineer.
Emily married Frederick Edward McGoverne in 1901 and they emigrated to New Zealand in or about 1904.
Nancy Beaumonts maiden name was Gomersall. I hope there is someone out there with the same names as Im looking for.  Tracy.
McGoverne,  Bacon (Suffolk) Jeffries (Suffolk) Beaumont (Yorkshire) Gomersall (Yorkshire)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Any Beaumonts from Cleckheaton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 March 05 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracy

Cleckheaton is in the West Riding, so you might find it helpful to ask there, or get this post moved. (I'm quite new too, so I don't know how to do this.)

I see you are interested in the name Gomersall. This is a name I've noticed from time to time in the Cleckheaton area, which may not be surprising since there's a place called Gomersal about a mile away from Cleckheaton.

Good luck,
Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DebbieGo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 05 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheldon,

Nancy Beaumont nee Gomersall belongs to my husbands extended Gomersall family.  I have her ancestors back to a marriage in 1584.  If you would like to log onto the Guild of One-Name Studies at www.one-name.org/ and search for the surname Gomersall in Registered Names you will find our email address.

Look forward to hearing from you

Debbie

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 June 09 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

Your is an old post but ancestors don't change.

Lenny Beaumont is the formost Genealogist in Yorkskire on Beaumonts with a date base of over 100'000 Beaumonts!
You'll find him on the Web search. He lives in that area of Yorkshire Dewsbury/Cleckheaton.

Dobfarm
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth