Author Topic: Thomas Nicholson & Ann Brown: COMPLETE  (Read 17836 times)

Offline Nigel B

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Nicholson & Ann Brown
« Reply #27 on: Monday 14 March 11 22:48 GMT (UK) »
I cheat--I have a Herbert Maxwell Wood trancript of Eaglescliffe St. John the Baptist CMB 1540-1812 which is pretty much a word for word transcript of the parish records.

I didn't cheat too much though--it is not indexed so you have to look entry by entry.

Janis

Thanks for cheating that time, Thomas as a first name passed down through 4 generations of sons , so feel that the one you found is correct, also the occupation makes sense. Doubt I will get much further back on that family line

Going to the Crabandlobster near Thirsk soon, so might visit Egglescliffe/Eaglescliffe on the way down :-)

Nige
Budge: Hawick & Anstruther
Ballantyne: Galashiels
Nicholson: Newcastle upon Tyne & Prestwich
Bartlett:  Dorset

Offline ElkeKB

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Nicholson & Ann Brown: COMPLETE
« Reply #28 on: Monday 20 October 14 06:00 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm researching the Brown's in Newcastle, Northumberland, UK and was curious if we have any connection?  I believe Thomas Brown I is my husband's 4x great-grandfather, Thomas II emigrated to Canada and his sons continued in the bookbinding trade.  I don't have much information on any ancestors.  Tom II married Ann Spoor in 1825.  They were Methodist & Ann's family were acquainted with John Wesley.  Possibly Ann Brown Nicholson is the sister of Thomas II?  I would like to know if there are any other siblings?  Any information on the Browns further back?

Offline Nigel B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I'm researching the Brown's in Newcastle, Northumberland, UK and was curious if we have any connection?  I believe Thomas Brown I is my husband's 4x great-grandfather, Thomas II emigrated to Canada and his sons continued in the bookbinding trade.  I don't have much information on any ancestors.  Tom II married Ann Spoor in 1825.  They were Methodist & Ann's family were acquainted with John Wesley.  Possibly Ann Brown Nicholson is the sister of Thomas II?  I would like to know if there are any other siblings?  Any information on the Browns further back?

Yes we are possibly connected Thomas Brown I is my 5th Great Grand father, his daughter Ann sister to Thomas Brown II, married my Thomas Nicholson on the 17th Oct 1808

Regards

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello! I am wondering if anyone on this thread may have additional information on the Ann SPOOR who married Thomas Brown on 8-24-1825 at All Saints, Newcastle.  There was a branch of Spoors in Whickham who were strongly Methodist - even having the Spoor Memorial Chapel in Whickham, Co. Durham named in honor of a family member.  Thank you! patrexjax
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline Nigel B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello! I am wondering if anyone on this thread may have additional information on the Ann SPOOR who married Thomas Brown on 8-24-1825 at All Saints, Newcastle.  There was a branch of Spoors in Whickham who were strongly Methodist - even having the Spoor Memorial Chapel in Whickham, Co. Durham named in honor of a family member.  Thank you! patrexjax

Ann Spoor birth 14th March 1802, baptism 7th September 1802, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England. Father's name: Robert Spoor and Mother's name:
Anne Oliver, Maternal Grandfather's Name: Thomas Oliver

Will see what else I can find

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Nigel B, Thank you for that information.  I suspect that Robert Spoor was chr 2 Aug 1778 at All Saints Newcastle and that his parents were John Spoor and Isabella Curry. Do you think I am on the correct path so far??   Most sincerely, patrexjax
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;

Offline Nigel B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello Nigel B, Thank you for that information.  I suspect that Robert Spoor was chr 2 Aug 1778 at All Saints Newcastle and that his parents were John Spoor and Isabella Curry. Do you think I am on the correct path so far??   Most sincerely, patrexjax

I have got the same date for baptism 2nd Aug, father John Spoor not yet got his mother's name, his marriage to Ann Oliver was 14th Oct 1800

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Nigel B.   So far, we are on the same path!  I suspect that Robert Spoor's parents were John Spoor and Isabella Curry who married 13 Nov 1777 in All Saints Newcastle.   Sincerely, patrexjax