Author Topic: Isabella Tolson  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Mark Tolson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isabella Tolson
« on: Tuesday 15 March 05 17:28 GMT (UK) »
My Great Grandmother, Isabella Tolson, sailed to Ellis Island, arrived August 06 1923 on SS Celtic from Liverpool. This lady was 70 years of age and must have been visiting a relative? She returned to England and died in March 1929. Is there anyway of finding out where or who she visited?
Mark Tolson

Offline chloespop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Tolson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Do you know the names of any of Isabella's relatives? There were 18 Tolsons born in England in the 1920 US census. Maybe it was one of them.

Chloespop

Offline talkin_61

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Mark...

After looking on the Ellis Island site at the ship manifest.. it stated in type that
Isabella was going to see I believe it was a cousin Jem--- Brocing and it looked like it was in Philadelphia, but written over it was Bro. John Breary, there is an addy but hard to read. It also states she was to be in the US for 10 weeks, and that she had been to Philadelphia once before in 1905.
I looked at the 1920 census. There were no Brocing that I could find. However I did find a John Brearey in Philadelphia, Pa. Born in England in 1847...  and a John Breare in Peabody, Mass. born in 1856 in England. Possibly one of these could be her brother? If you need any more infor on them let me know.

Happy Hunting...

Jennifer
Moon - Sussex - Shoreham, Rye
Elphick - Sussex
Dinnage - Sussex - Shoreham
Austen - Sussex
Rodwell - Yorkshire - Skipton area
Falsham - Yorkshire - Skipton area

Offline Mark Tolson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 March 05 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennifer, many thanks for the gems of infomation you sent me. Isabella definitely had a cousin in America but I am trying to find a brother John without success at the moment but I have much to do. Are ther other website regarding ships passenger lists that you know of?
Once again thanks for you help.
Mark