Author Topic: Arthur Leslie Somerfield  (Read 4665 times)

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Leslie Somerfield
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 January 10 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Frederick's wife was living with her mother in 1911, one child Gladys May Bennett. Still can't find Frederick or Elizabeth Somerfield.
Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline robdaphunk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 23 January 10 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Frederick's wife was living with her mother in 1911, one child Gladys May Bennett. Still can't find Frederick or Elizabeth Somerfield.

So Frederick may have died...???

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 23 January 10 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Clara Jane Bennett is down as married rather than widow
Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline Rhonda Braun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 18 December 22 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi I see I am about 12 years late on this reply but I just came across. Arthur Leslie Somerfield I believe is my grandmother Florence Holley nee Harrison brother. My grandmother passed away in 2007 but I did find in the obits that this fellow was her brother and I always knew she had a brother in England we heard about. I would love to touch base with some of my relatives. I am one of the twin  daughters of Florence's oldest daughter Donelda. Grandma Harrison which I believe to be Elizabeth Somerfield was my great grand mother and she lived in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario CA and the mother of Arthur. Is there anyone out here in England I am related too I would love to hear from you and get a little more history on my great uncle. FYI and as the story was told to me by my mother yes my great grandmother had a child out of wedlock and she came to Canada to be Married and her child Arthur was to follow but after the marriage my great grandfather would not allow the child to be brought to Canada so he stay in England with I believe her sister and was raised as their own. Thanks and hopefully someone out there reads my message and puts in touch with robdadhunk who started this post I believe I am related to him through Arthur Leslie Somerfield. Heres to hoping. :)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 25 December 22 07:47 GMT (UK) »
The Betsy Ann previously mentioned and edith annie appear to have mothers maiden name of quinney using gro reference if somerfields.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 25 December 22 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Have replied on new thread as have found a bapt for Arthur with a possible lead.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)