Author Topic: Tarleton  (Read 10519 times)

Offline millesanc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tarleton
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 05 March 11 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your message , I have been looking at the sites you suggested and found some VERY interesting info about my husbands Grandmother ! We only have one photo of her which has her with my F in law and who we thought was Grandfather, now it seems she married again in 1924, whether a widow the record doesn't say but not what we expected.  Actually Gladys Tarleton seems to be Gt Grandfather George Weldon Tarletons 2nd wife NOT  William Henrys, he was married to Mary Conroy, but all very interesting anyway.
I haven't managed to find the lists of evacuees and internees though, any suggestions as to how I might get that up on the 2nd site, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for  :(

Now I'm going back to Familysearch and see what else might turn up.  I wish deaths would show up and then I might even have more.

Offline markspark53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 05 March 11 18:52 GMT (UK) »
on the War Against Japan page you will find them

Offline millesanc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 05 March 11 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, got the lists now.

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 01 April 11 10:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks, hallmark!

I imagine the Frederick at TCD is the one who was later a barrister of Lower Pembroke Street and m. Caroline C. Patterson.  Their dau. Judith Amelia (known as Aimée) was b. in Dublin 25 Nov. 1864 -- considerate of her to wait until civil registration had started -- and married Dr Alfred Taylor in 1895.

They occur in my tree, just in case anyone has an interest in this connection.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline btc

• I am sorry but I am having problems with my emails at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 06 May 11 22:07 BST (UK) »
Still a strong resonance of Tarletons in Tullamore.  They were a big employer up to the late 1960s having a malt ?warehouse in the middle of the town at O'Connor Square, almost all of the original stone buildings are still there but with other uses now.  Myself and my neighbour Stephen often played inside there. A property developer who knocked one part and built apartments named the development 'Tarleton Court'. They also had a shop cum office at Bridge Street, Tullamore, site of the present Eurostore shop, where farmers grain was analysed for moisture content. The name that was mentioned in the 60's as manager was Major Cardew.
BC

Offline herefords

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 21 May 17 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hello,
my interest is the "mrs.Smith" in your post. I am doing a tree which includes a Smith family who lived in Moulmein, Rangoon from 1840-1940ish, among them was a Grace Elizabeth Smith who ran a guest house in Rangoon called "Allandale". If you think wee might have a link please be in touch.
The Smith family was large and any queries about any Smiths in Burma/India are welcome.

Offline herefords

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 21 May 17 09:26 BST (UK) »
Possibly my previous post was a "whoopsie". Please forgive if so.