Author Topic: COMPLETED - William Jardine and Janet Byres of Lochmaben  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
COMPLETED - William Jardine and Janet Byres of Lochmaben
« on: Friday 15 January 10 13:24 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for anyone who may have this couple in their tree.

In 1770 they had a son Joseph at, what looks like Ladywood, on the register.

I'm rather sure that Joseph had a brother James. Joseph was a weaver and  married Janet Kerr at Tundergarth prior to going to Canada.

I have all information on both Joseph and Janet. I just can't get that one step futher back on Joseph's side.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline aberheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jardine and Janet Byres of Lochmaben
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 July 10 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Apologies that this is unrelated to the above but I noticed on a search that you previously were interested in Alexander Duncan/Janet Ruthven.
I have a fair amount of info on this family and would be pleased to share/exchange.
I am also interested in any info you may have come across on Marion Jardine (1773-1845) who married John Johnstone (1776-1853). John's mother was Margaret Harkness (1747-1815), all three connected with Stobohill farm.
John Weddell

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 July 10 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

Sorry I don't have any information on Marion and John.

I'm going to have to search for the reason I was looking for this pair: Alexander Duncan/Janet Ruthven.

If you think Marion and John are from Dumfriesshire, you should start a new topic and someone will come up with info for you.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 July 10 10:39 BST (UK) »
I've had a quick look and can't find anything in my files on Alexander and Jane.

If you could give me a connection for them to Dumfriesshire, I may be able to locate them on my computer.

Jamjar

Offline yesterday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 September 10 07:15 BST (UK) »
I have just seen the photograph of your GGgrandmother Grace Jardine Morrison. She is my GGGrandmother also!
Yesterday.
I'm looking for anyone who may have this couple in their tree.

In 1770 they had a son Joseph at, what looks like Ladywood, on the register.

I'm rather sure that Joseph had a brother James. Joseph was a weaver and  married Janet Kerr at Tundergarth prior to going to Canada.

I have all information on both Joseph and Janet. I just can't get that one step futher back on Joseph's side.

Jamjar

My email address is not working sorry

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 September 10 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Yesterday,

What is your connection/family line to Grace?

I'm in Australia, are you?

Jamjar

Offline yesterday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 September 10 01:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Jamjar,

Yes, I am in Australia. Grace married John Morrison. Their daughter, Annie, married William Boyd King. William and Annie are my mothers paternal grandparents.  We are amazed by the photograph. The resemblance to my mother is uncanny. My husband and I recently visited the Morrisons grave in Narrabri.

Yesterday

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 September 10 05:31 BST (UK) »
My line is from Grace and John's daughter Margaret, who married Horace Atkinson.

I have been to Scotland and have all of Grace's family traced back to the 1700s.

I'll be happy to share it with you, if you are interested.

Are you in touch with the Morrison's in Qld, who provided me with the photograph?

Grace and my father's sister could be twins.

Jamjar

Offline yesterday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 September 10 02:16 BST (UK) »
I'm extremely interested in the family but I enjoy the hunt so thanks for the offer of your information. A few questions, from time to time, at this stage.
Is William Linton, the witness at Grace's wedding, her cousin? I have information on him but have been unable to "attach" them.
Have you seen "Milkside", the cottage where Grace was born? Is it the cottage that comes up on the google street sight and have you seen "Gibsons Cottage" on that sight?
I don't know about the Morrisons in Qld. Do they have many photos of the family? I know F.J Morrison, son, is mentioned on Grace's death certificate, living at Denman, and that John Morrison has listed on the shipping notes an Auntie ?Maud and cousin Blanche living near Musselbrook.
I can go back to Joseph Jardine marrying Janet Kerr in 1792. I got this information from the familysearch sight.
I've been doing family research for about 8 months now.