Author Topic: Bauser?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bauser?
« on: Friday 15 January 10 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit stumped with a branch of my tree.
My grandfather's mother was Eva Bauser, her father (Harry) was born in Lancs and his parents (Joseph Bauser c1851) married in Warwickshire I believe.  Due to misspellings of Bauser (Bowker) I have had difficulty in tracing abck further.

We always had a 'hushed' talk of having German relatives from what I remember as a child.  Recently I made contact with a relative who remembers Eva when he was a boy and he grew up believing her family were from Eastern Europe due to her accent.

I have done a bit of background on the surname origin and it seems to link to Prussia/Germany. 

Any advice on where to look/knowledge etc would be greatly appreciated.  I have run out of relatives to ask - why did I not do thi in my early 20's when everyone was alive?!!

Thanks
Selena
Perfitt (possibly Ipswich, Suffolk/Surrey)
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)
Bauser/Bausor (Manchester/Salford)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bauser?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 January 10 01:11 GMT (UK) »
I think possibly if your family include Eva b. about 1893 (Salford area) then you will find them a lot under Bansor/Bausor but I don't see who the German-born relative could have been.

Which censuses do you have Eva on?
Which censuses do you have Harry on?
Which censuses do you have Joseph on?
(if you have trouble finding them because the last name is misspelt you can try searching using just first name/birthplace/birthyear/residence combinations)

If you have any relatives on the census listed as from Germany/Prussia or elsewhere you should look to see if they are listed as "foreign subject" or "british subject" or "naturalized british subject" etc (sometimes they just use initials).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bauser?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 January 10 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your advice.

Regards
Selena
Perfitt (possibly Ipswich, Suffolk/Surrey)
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)
Bauser/Bausor (Manchester/Salford)