Author Topic: Births in Bath 1760's  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Anne W

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Births in Bath 1760's
« on: Saturday 16 January 10 09:06 GMT (UK) »
 Could anyone give me a pointer on how to access births from around 1764 in Bath? I live in Sydney Australia so it is more difficult.
  I'm looking for the birth of Robert Reginald Richmond Rose, who at his marriage to Ann Waters in December 1800 SAYS he was born in Bath, Somerset. His marriage to Ann took place in St Helier ,Jersey while Robert RR was serving in the Royal Navy as Purser on the HMS Pelican.
 Any help would be great.
Anne

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Births in Bath 1760's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 January 10 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Anne W,

Tha best chance you have is to search Freereg on http://www.freereg.org.uk

There are 2 baptisms for a Robert Rose in Bath on this site and they are as follows:

Bath St Michael's, 12/05/1771 baptised Robert ROSE, son of Roger and Ann ROSE.

Bath, St Michael's, 20/12/1773 baptised Robert ROSE, son of John and Sarah ROSE.

There appear to be siblings for these.

The only other online source generally available is the IGI, which I assume you have tried already.

Jo

Offline Anne W

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Births in Bath 1760's
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 January 10 23:16 GMT (UK) »
 Thank you very much Jo for your help. Trouble is I don't really trust our Robert RR when he says he was born in Bath. There is something "fishy"about him (bigimist perhaps?). I'm ready to give up, after 5 years of trying to discover where and when he was born. I think this is one of those impossible brickwalls that will never be solved. Before I do though, I will post what I have on the General Forum. Maybe some of the clever people at Rootschat can spot something I have missed or have some suggestions.
 Thank you again,
Bye
Anne