Author Topic: Are You Sitting Comfortably Part 4  (Read 15259 times)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Sitting Comfortably Part 4
« Reply #36 on: Friday 15 January 10 02:55 GMT (UK) »

It's a ruddy marvelous story...........and I take me 'at off to all of you who brought it to life.     :)
Now there's a sight ... Tephra ...hatless !! Though  hardly surprising with all that blue hair !! ;D ;D
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 15 January 10 02:58 GMT (UK) »

Better hatless than other clothing alternatives  ....   :o :o       ;D ;D
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 15 January 10 03:15 GMT (UK) »

.. Erm ...moving swiftly on ....  ;D
  I've never been to Liverpool ..    I believe  I read the cemetery where Robert rests is where Father McKenzie, of Eleanor Rigby fame  also rests, purporting  to be the inspiration for a certain pop song way back in the 60s!
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 15 January 10 03:19 GMT (UK) »

I believe it is...........and if you get to Liverpool, the docks area is fantastic, I could have stayed there for hours, but I was reliant on family transport, so had to go.   Would love to go back.   Ah well, if I win Lotto...........      ;) ;)
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline MissM

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 15 January 10 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tephra,

Long time no see!

If you have a look at my website, at the bottom of the index on the left hand side is a section called Our Pics.  I've put some of our own recent photos in there showing parts of Liverpool that have changed in recent years including the dock areas.

If you haven't been for a while you might like to have a look. (We have a canal now in front of the Liver buildings, don't you know!)

www.spekeliverpool.co.uk

Lynne
MONEYPENNY (Liverpool/N Ireland/Scotland)
CRETNEY (Isle of Man)
KIDD (N Ireland)
DAVIES ( Denbighshire, N Wales)
ROBERTS (Liverpool)
WHITE (Liverpool)
Local History website - www.spekeliverpool.co.uk

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 16 January 10 01:45 GMT (UK) »
  I've never been to Liverpool ..    I believe  I read the cemetery where Robert rests is where Father McKenzie, of Eleanor Rigby fame  also rests, purporting  to be the inspiration for a certain pop song way back in the 60s!
[/quote
It's a lovely area of Liverpool. I hope they haven't messed up changed that too much since I was last there.  :-\

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 16 January 10 01:46 GMT (UK) »

It's a lovely area of Liverpool. I hope they haven't messed up changed that too much since I was last there.  :-\ I know they've been very "busy" over recent years.

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 16 January 10 08:14 GMT (UK) »

Hi Lynne.......Thanks for the link......It's a great site, I've added it to my favourites.

Barbara
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 16 January 10 21:06 GMT (UK) »
got to leave me mark X   don't want to loose contact with this one.
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks