Author Topic: Prospecthall Co.Waterford  (Read 2352 times)

Offline topsey1953

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Prospecthall Co.Waterford
« on: Saturday 16 January 10 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Anyone know of   Prospecthall  Co.Waterford personally? would love to know how it has changed since 1901,
                thanks Topsey1953

Offline Melmel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Prospecthall Co.Waterford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 00:53 GMT (UK) »
There is a townsland called Prospecthall in Kinsalebeg in West Waterford. Presume thats the one you mean.

Offline deise65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 November 10 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Born in Prospect Hall, Kinsalebeg even though no longer live there. Get back there frequently so fairly familiar with area and history. I dont think it has changed a tremendous amount since 1902 - most of the houses from that period still exist - it is a rural area with focus on agriculture etc. The area is very definitely in Co Waterford even though it is in close proximity to Youghal which is in County Cork. It often means that births, marriages etc. often appear in Cork registers as Youghal might be given as nearest postal town ie Prospect Hall, Kinsalebeg, Youghal, Co Cork as distinct to Kinsalebeg, Co Waterford. West Waterford is a beautiful part of the country.

If there is any specific information you are looking for let me know - I have quite a bit of local historical information so may be able to fill in a few gaps for you.

Regards Deise65

Offline topsey1953

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 November 10 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
  i am interested in Prospecthall as I have a Michael and Lizzie Murray living at house no.3 Prospecthall Kinisalebeg, This is in the 1911 Census.
         I have been trying for ages to see if anyone knew them or anything about them,
                           hope you can help,
                                   Topsey

Offline deise65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 November 10 21:19 GMT (UK) »

Leave it with me for a few days and I will come back to you with what I can find. In the meantime do you have any additional information on Murrays eg occupation, any other family members (children), maiden name of Lizzie Murray if she is wife of Michael etc.