Author Topic: Birth in Victoria - Richard Arthur Saunders  (Read 4159 times)

Offline JAZZ1E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Birth in Victoria - Richard Arthur Saunders
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 January 10 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Susan for the info on Victoria - gives me some hope that he may have been born outside BC.

Thanks Debbie for the new finds on a David and Mary Saunders (possible parents of the Richard I am looking for). Looks a little promising tho trying not to get too excited just yet.

I have been trying to find a marriage record of this David and Mary to determine her maiden name to see if its a match. I have been unsuccessful on Ancestry and also a few of the Ontario databases that I have found.

The census for 1871 and 1881 both state they were born in Ontario and since there were both in the Ontario province for those census I assume they also married there. They were married in 1871 with a 2yr old and 10mth old and if she didn't marry till she was at least 15 and before she had children, the marriage must have taken place between 1863 and 1870.

Can anyone help with that? I know its a lot of work just to determine if these people found on the census are a match!
POOK, HAIRA, SAUNDERS, CRAWFORD, ARMSTRONG, BROWN, SIMPSON, BANNISTER, BEDFORD, BARNETT