Author Topic: Glendining Family, Ashgrove, Sevenoaks  (Read 24262 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Glendining Family, Ashgrove, Sevenoaks
« Reply #36 on: Friday 22 January 10 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary

Thanks for the invite but I really think you have covered everything above and beyond the call of duty!!

I will just add my humble offering re: Maude Lushington Collis b 1865/66 - this may be her death

Maud L Collis aged 80 March qtr 1946 Surrey North Eastern Volume 2a Page 38
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 22 January 10 22:58 GMT (UK) »
This is looking like the right one
Marriage of Emily I Heald Q2 1916 Chertsey, Surrey 2a 125 to Waldegrave Mcg Eager

This looks like a Waldegrave Mac Gillicuddy Eager who was born in 1884 in Cornwall.  His father was an Alexander Richard Eager, Clerk in Holy Orders, born Ireland.

I wonder if Emily and Waldegrave went abroad as I can find no evidence of either children or his death in this country.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 22 January 10 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Problem is Carole I can't bring it forward to finding a living person to be made aware of the grave  >:(
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 22 January 10 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Just found a great site - http://www.gravestonephotos.com/public/findfamily.php?name=Heald
This wonderful man has taken photographs of gravestones in lots of places around the country, and in his list is Walter Marsden Heald who appears to have died in 1957 age 72 and is buried in St Andrews, Aldringham, Suffolk.  I've sent a request for a photograph of the gravestone, wonder if it will hold any details of others buried in the same grave?

He's also mentioned here http://www.archive.org/stream/innertemplarswho00inne/innertemplarswho00inne_djvu.txt as a member of the Inner Templars who volunteered and served in the great war.  Need to go looking to see if I can find his service records, might be mention of a wife.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 22 January 10 23:46 GMT (UK) »
I think contacting this website might useful to you http://www.healds.org.uk/bm/e1900_CHS.html  There is a huge amount of Healds research transcribed on the site and the owner would appear to be a Heald himself. 

There are mentions of Isabel Julia Krabbe, who we found on a census with the Healds, and she appears to have married a Walter Heald, also mentions of the Eagers on the site.  I suspect the owner should be able to put you in touch with whoever has provided those details/transcriptions and this may give you a living relative of Alexander and Sarah.

Offline ashleyj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 23 January 10 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Mary,

Can't believe how much effort you are putting into this for me you are very kind. There is an amazing amount of information here since I last looked yesterday, in response to which is an entry which confirms Sarah's parents and marriage to Alexander which may be useful.

Sarah /HEALD/11Apr1802 C097551 Joseph /HEALD/Rachel [/MARSDEN/]London, Old Jewry Presbyterian LND(b. 19 Mar 1802 -VRI; m. Alexander /GLENDINNING/ 1826; d. 1870 -REL) VRI FHL 813809 Dr Williams Library 3590 (Par of St Lawrence, LND) CEN 1881 (Speldhurst, KENT)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 23 January 10 10:29 GMT (UK) »
I've received photographs of the grave of Walter Marsden Heald, which I've asked permission to display on here, so I'll do this when I've had permission, but unfortunately there are no other names on the headstone, so presumably nobody else sharing the grave.  As I've found no marriage for him I think this may confirm that he wasn't married so no issue ......

I will look further into other possible descendants later today, but I think that we are nearing the point where you will need to approach other Heald researchers who may be the descendants you need, the easiest way via the link I posted in my last message.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 23 January 10 17:24 GMT (UK) »
From an excellent site - Gravestone Photographic Resource http://www.gravestonephotos.com/index.php

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 23 January 10 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I need to make a note of the 1861 entry for the Healds as there appears to be more of them, although a distinct absence of Ernest who I was looking for later.

Bredbury Hall, Bredbury, Cheshire
Nicholas Heald Head M 57 Calico Printer Middlesex Hackney
Mary Ellen Wife M 49 Lancashire Manchester
Mary daur Unm 27 " Cheetham
Frank son Unm 23 Calico Printer " Eccles
Rachel daur Unm 22                    " "
Walter son Unm 20 Banker's Clerk " "
Kate daur Unm 18                          " "
Frances Adelaide Heald Niece Unm 20 Northumberland Newcastle on Tyne
Edith Heald Niece Unm 18                       " "
Annie Frances Coates Niece Unm 6 Scholar Lancashire Eccles
and servants
RG9; Piece:  2559; Folio:  32; Page:  23