Author Topic: O'Donnell / Kent Family info  (Read 2438 times)

Offline BJOD29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Donnell / Kent Family info
« on: Thursday 21 January 10 18:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find information regarding my grandfather, Bernard Patrick O'Donnell, and his family.  Through a post in the Waterford section of this site I got some very useful and much appreciated info.  I also found out that Carrick-on Suir is on the boarder  of Tipperary County and that there were O'Donnell and Kents families there.  Bernard was the son of Bryan O'Donnell and Mary Kent and was born in Carrick-on Suir Sept 20, 1868.  His siblings names were John Joseph, Mary, Hennretta, Francis, Michael, Kathaleen, William, Maurice, and Edward Vincent.  Bernard emigrated to NY around 1900.  I found addresses in an old copy book of Mary's a.k.a. Marie,  for Maurice Kent at 9 High Street,  there are also notations of Main Street, and Bally Lynch House.  I'd appreciate any information on the area of Carrick-on Suir, i.e. parishes, and any areas to look at for Tipperary.  Thanks, Brian

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: O'Donnell / Kent Family info
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 January 10 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Here's a link to the Waterford thread. Since duplicate post cause confusion I'll lock this one and any more information can be posted there-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,431970.msg2965841.html#msg2965841
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!